Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2016-2017

The other day, he sent me a DM asking for "good stats sites"

Dan Hurley's URI wins the A10 tourney, which should add a bit more juice when viewing the Devils' OOC schedule.

California joins the coach search battle, Missouri raises their ceiling from terrible to just not very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cuonzo got two years of a top 10 recruit in Ivan Rabb and couldn't win a tournament game at Cal. I don't know that any coach could do less with the talent he has had there.

Yeah, he'll upgrade Missouri's recruiting, and underachieve with them just like he did at Cal. So Missouri can expect, in 2 - 3 years, to go from having a 8-24 record to something like 18-14. That will be their ceiling as long as Cuonzo is there.

Either Cuenzo is just chasing the dollars, or he was starting to hear some whispers at Cal.

But I like to think he did it to get away from Derryck Thornton & Family.

Hearing Kevin Keatts will be the new NC State coach when UNCW finishes the year

That sucks. I like Keatts and hate what the State fans will do to him if/when he doesn't win.

I just heard a sound bite where Mike Brey said Matt Farrell is better than Bobby Hurley.

UNCW people are going to be pissed if this happens.

The State job makes sense, though. K, Roy Pitino, Beiheim, Larranaga, Hamilton will all be gone in the next few years. It would be a good time to get established in the conference. The down side is the fanbase and athletic department.

Damn it. If only he wasn't going wherever his dad is going. And if only he didn't hate K's cussing.

I hope one of my kids is so badass at basketball that a high major school will waste one of its three assistant positions on me just to get my kid.

I'm getting a pretty strong Lane Kiffin vibe from Martin. Seems to be a pretty shady opportunist who knows when to get out of town and lock in the next contract. I guess Porter/Dad know this is a one year gig regardless, so his peregrinations won't affect them, but damn he'd be a perfect fit.

NC State coaching rumors (courtesy of Twitter, Reddit & random State alums)

State's #1 priority is Archie Miller.
Sean Miller has advised his brother not to take the job and it looks as though Archie is telling them "No thanks"

#2 is Gregg Marshall. No word on how Marshall feels about it, but he'll probably be a popular target for schools like So Cal and Indiana.

#3 is Kevin Keatts. If you hear Keatts to State, it means they got turned down twice already.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom