Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2016-2017

UNCW's future:

More record breaking losing seasons (in the tradition established by Buzz Peterson)

No post season for the next 3-5 years

Contract extension and raise based on nothing

Very expensive contract buyout in year 6-7

Yeah, I've seen all this before.

It would be nice if UNCW could find a decent coach who wanted to stay and build the program. Someone with just the right amount of ambition. Wilmington has a decent amount of assets to attract coaches and players. It's a little small, but tons of players go to small-ass towns in the middle of nowhere. At least in Wilmington you get the beach and everything that comes along with it (hot people everywhere).

But they need to upgrade Trask because it's terrible. At least it was when I went to school there.

Trask is exactly the same as it was when you went there, unless that was sometime prior to the early 70's.

I don't think the size of the town matters - look at Lawrence, KS - it's more about how deeply boosters want to dig into their own pockets (answer: Not very). Also, if you want to be a "real" college sports town, you need a football team.

deepdarkblue said:
I don't think the size of the town matters - look at Lawrence, KS - it's more about how deeply boosters want to dig into their own pockets (answer: Not very). Also, if you want to be a "real" college sports town, you need a football team.
But what about Lawrence, KS?

Heeyooooo!

Was working down in Myrtle Beach yesterday and passed by Coastal Carolina's campus. Their football stadium made me feel sad for UNCW all over again. So stupid they don't at least try. I thought that when I went to school there and I do now. I mean UNCPembroke has a football team for fuck's sake.

lol Ole C.B and myself just aren't going to do well with each other.

Meanwhile at NC State, Keatts gets his very first Wolfpack commit. And not a bad pick up at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
We should go ahead and expect State to become a good team again.

We always lose to them once so that's no biggie. But maybe Carolina will start losing to them, too.

I'll gladly forfeit a regular season game to State annually if it means they'll at least split with UNC every year.

Let's give Patrick a few years, make sure he has some idea how to coach. I mean, how often have elite level basketball players turned out to be elite level coaches?

Miserable career for a top 25 recruit so far. Regressed as a sophomore. Seems to have little potential aside from being an undersized center in college and internationally as a pro.

Kentucky is currently facing severe depth issues on the wing. Knox could slide right in as a typical Kentucky SF.

PG Quade Green / Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
SG Harangued Dionysus
SF none
PF Wenyen Gabriel / Sacha Killeya-Jones / Tai Wynyard / Jarred Vanderbilt/ PJ Washington
C Isaac Humphries / Nick Richards

If that truly is their roster, some of those PFs are going to play out of position at the SF. Cal is totally willing to do that and he'll make it work too.

All the PFs other than Wynyard are aspiring wings. I'd be pretty surprised if they add a fifth top-20 guy to that bucket. They could be a pretty mediocre team if the guards aren't better than expected - none of those guys projects to be close to Fox/Monk, and probably not even soph Briscoe. Knox is a much better fit at Duke and, unfortunately, UNC.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom