Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2019-20

torontoduke

Legend
Early stab at formidable opponents:

UVA
MSU(?)
Michigan
Washington
Kentucky

Notre Dame should be a lot better.
Could be a bit of a drop off in the rest of the ACC, though

Who else do you folks expect to be good next year?

Too many moving dominoes to even attempt to put together a preseason top 25 just yet
Most of the preseason top 25s have UNC at 21-23. I thought that was absurd, especially since they were operating under the assumption you land Anthony.

There were also two polls that had Marquette in the top 5, one of them at #2. Even without knowing all the "moving pieces," I think we can safely say that's a stretch.

B1G gonna be damn tough next year. Not sure who will be Top 10 besides the Michigan schools, but it seems like the ACC/Big Ten challenge will be bad for the ACC next year.

Seth Davis is sometimes way off-base, but his Top 25 was solid, except he's underrating Marquette (34th?). I think they'll spend all year in the Top 10. Adding McEwen and getting Elliott back healthy will add a whole lot of defense and athleticism to their backcourt, and they return their top 7 players (the top four of whom all shoot 39% or better from outside).

Can't see it due to it being The Athletic. Where does he have us and who's #1?

Early stab at formidable opponents:

UVA
MSU(?)
Michigan
Washington
Kentucky

Notre Dame should be a lot better.
Could be a bit of a drop off in the rest of the ACC, though

Who else do you folks expect to be good next year?

If Washington's guys stay in the draft, they'll lose a lot, even if they sign McDaniels to go with Isiah Stewart. They'll get Quade Green midseason, but I'm not sure how good I expect him to be.

Duke has top talent every year. The odds were always going to look something like this. It's everything else about Duke basketball that is severely overrated more often than not with these odds and the people buying into them.

Next year feels like a down year for CBB in general. Virginia, UNC, Michigan, Gonzaga, Kansas and Texas Tech all stand to lose a lot, and I don't see any juggernauts looming on the horizon. MSU should be good, but Big 10 teams aren't much of a threat to win the title (haven't in 20 years, and have only won one in 30). Kentucky will likely contend as well, though they'll still be a watered down version of what they were 5-10 years ago. Auburn returns most of their core, but I think they're more likely to lose in the first round (easily could've this year) than make another deep run. The ACC as a whole should be much weaker than it was the last three years.

Reactions: TBC

Sounds like Ignas is gone no matter what, but the others are simply doing what anyone would do with the new agent rule and will probably be back.

I read somewhere that Charles Matthews was honored on senior day at Michigan and that most folks there don't expect him back.

The big one for them, assuming Iggy inexplicably stays in the draft, will be Jordan Poole. He's really good. Big blow if all three move on.

Sounds like Ignas is gone no matter what, but the others are simply doing what anyone would do with the new agent rule and will probably be back.

I read somewhere that Charles Matthews was honored on senior day at Michigan and that most folks there don't expect him back.

The big one for them, assuming Iggy inexplicably stays in the draft, will be Jordan Poole. He's really good. Big blow if all three move on.

Yeah if they lose 2/3 of those guys and UVA loses Hunter and Jerome, I kinda think you could make a reasonable argument for Duke to be ahead of every team but MSU, who would be the clear number 1. If Herro and/or Keldon Johnson choose to stay, you would have to put UK ahead of Duke too.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom