Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2019-20

They should've finished the game after deciding to play it in the first place. Everyone had been exposed already.

Least I don't have to watch another Duke game until next season when there are actually good players on the team.

This would have been an insanely awesome and competitive tournament. And imagine the amount of whining from the top-25 teams left out.

*Sorry, the link is not working, but basically the NCAA briefly talked about having the Selection Committee choose the top 16 teams regardless of conference for a quick national championship tournament.

NCAA mulled 16-team tournament over 1 weekend before final decision

I would have been more upset if we were a one seed. Imagine how Dayton feels with the team of a lifetime. As a likely 3 I think 2nd round, sweet 16 Elite 8 was a likely scenario for us.

*Sorry, the link is not working, but basically the NCAA briefly talked about having the Selection Committee choose the top 16 teams regardless of conference for a quick national championship tournament.
I wish they'd do this anyways just to make the regular season more exciting. If you can't make a case over the course of a 30 game regular season that you are one of the best 16 teams, you were never a national champion to begin with. Still could allow for as many as three teams from a major conference if it's really good top to bottom, while leaving room for mid-majors who go 27-2 or something and stay in the top 10 (like Dayton this year).

Selection committee would get criticized over the last four in/out, but they already get that anyway, and would even if the field was 256 teams.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom