Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball Recruiting

5 star Harrison Ingram just chose Stanford, probably the best school in the world, over North Carolina, Michigan, Howard, Purdue, etc.

Stanford has a $28 billion endowment, elite location/weather, and is centered within the economic engine of the 21st century (Silicon Valley) in the richest state in the world's richest country by far.

If they ever get serious about sports, it's ballgame for everyone else. Good grief.

Good thing they really don't give one damn. But they've still got a really nice class coming in.

What makes you think they aren't serious about sports? Their football team is historically and currently better than Duke. Their basketball team has been down the last decade or two but they used to have a regularly ranked team, and probably will when they find the right coach one day. As an institution they have something like ten times as many national championships across athletics than Duke. Their facilities are much nicer than Duke's. Objectively they are more serious about sports than Duke is, certainly.

What makes you think they aren't serious about sports? Their football team is historically and currently better than Duke. Their basketball team has been down the last decade or two but they used to have a regularly ranked team, and probably will when they find the right coach one day. As an institution they have something like ten times as many national championships across athletics than Duke. Their facilities are much nicer than Duke's. Objectively they are more serious about sports than Duke is, certainly.

I only pay attention to and speak of football and men's basketball. They may well dominate the other sports, I don't know. Tiger Woods went there so maybe they are beastly at golf.

I think Duke's utter dominance in basketball supersedes Stanford's football and basketball history. We are THE program of the modern era. Stanford has never been top 15 in either consistently.

Don't sell Duke short.

Also- Stanford is in extremely fertile recruiting territory with relatively little competition. USC, when they are at peak, has everything West of Texas generally. Oregon has made a little dent, but they'll never be SC. All that said, there's more than enough for Stanford, because of the 25 scholly limit in football. Duke, on the other hand, is in the god damn football capital of the country- The South- where you have SEC and a couple ACC teams who would murder each other for a 5 star recruit.

Also- I hate to say it, but the Pac-12 cancelled their football season and nobody cared. The cancellation about caused a damn near Civil War in the Midwest. Unthinkable in the South.

Very salient points, but I do think that Haase is the right coach for Stanford. He's recruiting very well, much better than Dawkins ever did, and Stanford had an elite defense last year on KenPom, ranking #7 on D and finishing the season 20-12.

Stanford without question is a sleeping giant in basketball and has been for some time. They have access to a lot of talent on the West Coast and they are an elite academic institution. They have so much to offer there, and Haase is now riding recruiting momentum. The Pac-12 also stinks. USC and UCLA haven't reached their potential in a long time, Arizona was doing well until Sean Miller got into the recruiting fiasco. ASU and Hurley are taking advantage of it, as well as Oregon, and now seemingly Stanford.

She'll join the Chris Paul punch/kick in the nuts club

LMFAO.

Wake Forest, out of nowhere, gets a borderline top 50 player who had 0 predictions to Wake (6 to Fred Hoiberg's Nebraska)

I knew Steve would acquire players but DAMN.

Last edited:

NBA isn’t going to allow college basketball to be the only game in town in Nov/Dec/Jan. They are at war for elite recruits, and I think it’s pretty clear who wins. Duke wins, because it’s the only program that makes sense for any of these kids to choose over the G-League’s money, development and spectacle.

To my knowledge, this player does not have an offer from Duke and K has no plans to ever watch him play or reach out to him. However, using common sense, I believe this white person named "Chet Holmgren" will choose Duke.

PG Griffin
SG Keels
SF Baldwin
PF Holmgren
C Banchero

I don't understand why K is going after bigs like Bediako but isn't interested in Holmgren. I can see Holmgren being a bust at the college level due to physical concerns. But as of right now, he clearly offers the best combination of floor spacing and rim protection out there. He also is supposed to be very smart and has a high motor (which is not something you always see in these Bol Bol-like freaks).

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom