Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball Recruiting

Do we have anyone who lurks on Mich State boards to collect SS's of their reactions when they lose a recruit to us?

^ Not me. When I lurk it is on the Ruptard or uncheat boards which I mainly do for laughs. I thought we had moved on to Houstan or Dieng. Dieng is the one that I would most like to see Duke sign.

Christie just committed to Michigan State.

Pretty disgusting choice. So much scandal around there lately.

There seemed to signs the last few months that Duke was not, or at best, minimally, recruiting Christie.

Michigan State is going to be elite in 21-22.

PG- Rocket Watts (JR)
SG- Max Christie (FR)
SF- Aaron Henry (SR)
PF- Emoni Bates (FR)
C- some blue collar workhorse.

The only way Duke can compete with this if Roach and Williams return as sophomores and land Baldwin.

Michigan State is going to be elite in 21-22.

PG- Rocket Watts (JR)
SG- Max Christie (FR)
SF- Aaron Henry (SR)
PF- Emoni Bates (FR)
C- some blue collar workhorse.

The only way Duke can compete with this if Roach and Williams return as sophomores and land Baldwin.

Bet Emoni won't be there.

We will be nastier.

Yea i think it's a foregone conclusion that Bates is not playing at MSU.

4 crystal balls just came in for Matthew Cleveland to Florida State.

Guys gonna be really good and give us trouble im sure.

We need to do something about Villanova - just grabbing guys left and right. Granted some of them are NOT highly ranked guys - still multi-year 4stars. Will thrive in Jay Wright's system. Hopefully the latest signings kinda knock Keels out of play for Nova - although I assume he would start over everyone they have locked up already.

Just feel like they have tons of guards which is their MO - but I know they have Antione who say out all of last year with a injury - just some food for thought, they are crushing it.

Rivals Article (Corey Evans) - that mentions Keels

I was just wondering that myself after Angelo Brizzi popped for the Wildcats last night. As of now, Villanova sits with four commitments in the 2021 class, and will see just three graduate following the season. That could put them into a scholarship bind but, then again, there is chance that Jeremiah Robinson-Earl could leave for the NBA after the season.

Seeing that Villanova is a guard-reliant program, the Wildcats could remain as a potential suitor for Trevor Keels.

It will be a bit more difficult for Jay Wright and his staff to toss in Keels along with the two other guards that they have already landed, but if there is one system that can afford enough opportunities in the backcourt, it is Villanova.

It would be difficult to turn Keels down if he still wanted to come to Villanova, but how might things now sit with the five-star? Does Virginia now take the lead? Where does Duke sit with the do-it-all guard? What about North Carolina? Can Nova hold off the pack? The dominoes are falling, which should lead to a crazy and hard-to-pin-down recruitment.

Last edited:
Dang. 18-year-old kid shot and killed. He was top-60 in 2021 in 247s rankings.

God damn. I of course knew who he was and thought it was cool he was going to New Mexico.

It really hurts when a young guy like that is taken wayyyyy too early. Really jarring.

RIP.

Florida State now has the #1 recruiting class in 2021 after picking up a commitment yesterday from 5-star prospect Jalen Warley. FSU's class now has 5 commitments, including two prospects in the top 25, and 4 of their 5 commitments ranked in the top 60. First off, congrats to FSU. I've always enjoyed the brand of basketball they play and Leonard Hamilton has been successful for a long time. Secondly, it's fascinating how the two top classes thus far in 2021 are FSU and Villanova. But if you go a bit deeper, you will see how both programs have elite recruiting classes while recruiting to their systems. FSU has a 7'1 and 7'3 big men committed, and they have three big guards/wings. All commitments are long and athletic, which is exactly how FSU is every single season. Now they're recruiting the exact profile of kid they've been in the past, just now they're landing higher rated recruits. Villanova has been doing this for a while now, and they've continued to do it again.

This is the way to win in college basketball. Have a system and recruit to it. This is also why I'm generally frustrated with Duke's recruiting. We don't commit to recruiting to a system. We just grab high-end talent and then the coaching staff figures out the fit later. Duke basketball missed an incredible opportunity to recruit to a very specific system that featured elite one and done players and quality multi-year guys that have skill sets to work within the framework of a pre-selected system. When Duke was at its recruiting peak landing essentially everyone we targeted, this strategy would've worked even better than Villanova and everyone else utilizing it.

Supposedly Chandler to Tennesee today or tomorrow. A few folks on two other boards have mentioned it.

Also a thread on TDD premium. I can't read the thread but the thread title is self-explanatory.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom