Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball Recruiting

Buddy just got back to me.

Chet Holmgren- Gonzaga, Ohio State, or Minnesota
Patrick Baldwin, Jr.- Duke vs Milwaukee
Paolo Banchero- Kentucky, Gonzaga, Tennessee, but wouldn't count out any of the final 6
Jaden Hardy- Kentucky
Jabari Smith- Tennessee, Georgia, Auburn, LSU
Michael Foster- Georgia
Moussa Diabate- Auburn, Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Michigan
Nate Bittle- Oregon over Arizona and Gonzaga
Aminu Mohammed- Georgia, Indiana, Louisville, Wake Forest

No mention of Chandler, Christie, Keels, or Bediako.

NOt a fan of the Banchero part.

Daeshun Ruffin announcing tonight or tomorrow. Probably Ole Miss.

Trey Patterson announcing on Thursday. Probably Villanova.

Porter could still end up being good but man, that is bleak. Rivers is probably the only guy who has spent significant time in his career being a positive contributor to an NBA team.

As much as we shit on RJ he's a lock to be one of the better players on that list.

It's also a bad look for NBA front offices, who apparently were not deterred by anything they saw, either in high school or in college. They took almost all of those guys high in the draft. If Rivals' goal was to project success in being selected high in the NBA draft, they basically did as well as anyone realistically could have.

I know some people are scared of foreign countries. But I don't get why a young person would rather live in Oklahoma, have to go to class (or at least pretend to), and not play in the postseason, over going to Australia.

Great get for Michigan State but I'm not really concerned at all. If he attends college, him going to Kentucky, UNC or KU would've been far worse. Additionally, Izzo seems to do better with "blue-collar" teams. When he had Myles Bridges and Jaren Jackson, they underachieved in the NCAA Tournament pretty hard.

Looks like MSU for Bates.
This is easily the best player Izzo has ever landed. Sets up nicely for a 12-loss season followed by a "miraculous" Final Four run.

Theoretically. Zebo was the #1 guy in his class and an NBA all-star, Kelvin Torbert was the #2 guy but the best by far to go to college. Not sure what would elevate Bates to freakish like LBJ/AD/KD/Zion. Wildly talented, but not nearly the physical anomaly.

'Master' is easily the best nickname, so he does have that.

I'm basing it on rep alone. If Bates is as good as scouts think he is, then he'll be the best player Izzo has had. It's always a crapshoot judging players that young though.

I'd like to think he can match Randolph's 11 and 7 college production. Torbert's college production was even less impressive.

Emoni is a great prospect, but he's not the best prospect since LeBron James.

It's not Zion's fault that a narrative existed, perpetuated by Evan Daniels who ranked EJ Montgomery ahead of him, that all he did was dunk on tiny white guys.

I think there were legit concerns about Zion as a prospect, though IIRC he did tend to dominate a lot of AAU stuff. Even discounting him, this narrative discounts the insane hype surrounding guys like AD, Wiggins, Durant and Oden. Or even a guy like OJ Mayo, who was considered a prodigy at a very young age.

Zion wasn't even the top prospect in his class. People worried about the skill level (which turned out to be comically wrong).

I haven't heard anyone talked about the way Bates is in years. I listen to a fair amount of podcasts that discuss recruiting.

You are probably right, as I don't really follow recruiting all that closely these days. I just remember Wiggins reclassing and immediately being put #1 ahead of Jabari, who had just been on the cover of SI as 'The next LeBron'. Oden was pretty much considered 'the next Wilt/Kareem/Shaq' type and was an easy #1 in what was thought to have been one of the great classes ever at the time with KD, Brandan Wright, Lawson and Thad Young.

@deeyoukayeee He could easily be overhyped. I never trust when a player is coronated so early. A lot of times a kind of groupthink or intertia settles in. It takes a lot of stagnation for them to fall in the rankings.

At one point JP Tokoto was the #1 player in his class.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom