Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Death Pool

Hardly shocking given her years of mental health struggles, including a disappearance a few years back. Iirc, she was found driving up and down a bike trail in Illinois, looking for Billy Corgan's house. It was actually right near the house of someone I know.

Also, her 17-year-old son died by suicide last year. Given that she was bipolar and had expressed suicidal thoughts, and that her last post was about her son, I'm guessing it was suicide even though there's no official cause of death.

Hardly shocking given her years of mental health struggles, including a disappearance a few years back. Iirc, she was found driving up and down a bike trail in Illinois, looking for Billy Corgan's house. It was actually right near the house of someone I know.

'Nothing Compares 2 U' was the anthem--at least for awhile--of every female I knew in high school.

That song and 'Foolish Games' by Jewel are probably the two that seemed to stick with girls I knew more than any others.

I think anyone can relate to the sentiment in that song, regardless of gender. The feeling of being free after a breakup, but still being sad to have lost the relationship, etc.

It was written by Prince, and Sinead gender-swapped a few lyrics. Great song, though I'm more likely to listen to the Chris Cornell version than Sinead's.

I will say I'm a little annoyed with how much reaction I've seen on social media compared to when Dolores O'Riordan died. As far as Irish singers with questionable politics go, I far prefer O'Riordan/The Cranberries.

But I guess the outpouring may speak to what you were saying about "Nothing Compares 2 U" being an anthem.

I will say I'm a little annoyed with how much reaction I've seen on social media compared to when Dolores O'Riordan died. As far as Irish singers with questionable politics go, I far prefer O'Riordan/The Cranberries.

But I guess the outpouring may speak to what you were saying about "Nothing Compares 2 U" being an anthem.

Great point.

Damn I loved The Cranberries. Linger is a classic of course but my favorite is probably Free to Decide.

Great point.

Damn I loved The Cranberries. Linger is a classic of course but my favorite is probably Free to Decide.
I recently checked out their final album, In the End. It was made using O'Riordan's demos. They were just her singing over backing chords, but the band fleshed out the arrangements. You would never know. The vocal performances are that good. I was very pleasantly surprised by the album overall. A lot of posthumous material should never be released.

Might belong in the "I'm a terrible person" thread, but I can't help but think about O'Connor in the context of Jan Hooks/The Sinatra Group on SNL. One of my all-time favorite - and IMO, maybe Phil Hartment's best - skits.

She'll always be Sinbad to me.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom