Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Dereck Lively

When we do those top list things, Dereck should probably be real close to the top. On character alone. Dude has been through hell in life and from everything I've seen, is a wonderful human being. Mom must have been unbelievable. Hope he gets through this, couldn't pull harder for anyone.

When we do those top list things, Dereck should probably be real close to the top. On character alone. Dude has been through hell in life and from everything I've seen, is a wonderful human being. Mom must have been unbelievable. Hope he gets through this, couldn't pull harder for anyone.
As a person, he's one of my all-time favorite players.

I thought he was an incredible teammate. He brought such a positive energy when he was on the bench. And on the court, he was maybe the best freshman communicator we've ever had. I'm grateful Jon had him in his first season even if it was rocky at first.

I also think you can judge a lot about a player's moral character from how they play. Lively showed more self-awareness than perhaps any other stud freshman we've ever had. He knew what he was good at. He didn't try to do anything he wasn't good at. He couldn't have cared less how many touches he got or how many points he scored.

A lot of Duke haters thought he was put into a box or held back. But the only reason he's scored more in the NBA is Luka's passing brilliance. If he played on a team with a bad point guard, he'd score a lot less. He just wants to dunk, defend, rebound, and quarterback the defense.

I think this theory of "moral character" is why my love for selfless players is so intense. I hate Westbrook, love Jokic. Hate Dillon Brooks, love Al Horford. Self-awareness is the best trait a human can have, imo.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom