Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke at Miami - Wed, Jan 23, 7:00pm ESPN

That quote is a shot right into the bow of Mason and Seth.

Two directions from that: They spiral and fall apart (sweet sixteen exit), or take it to heart and it galvanizes the team.

childress22 said:
This loss is clearly on Dawkins and Rivers.

Kind of. Seth was pouting because he's jealous of Rivers and all the negativity made Dawkins depressed.

rome8180 said:
I fully expect Kelly not to come back and UNC to win the ACC.

I got a text from one of my sons, asking when Kelly would be back. I told him, after watching this game, he'll probably never come back.

DurhamSon said:
That quote is a shot right into the bow of Mason and Seth.

Two directions from that: They spiral and fall apart (sweet sixteen exit), or take it to heart and it galvanizes the team.

I'd gladly take a Sweet Sixteen exit right now. Big difference from at the end of Nov, when I would have been disappointed with less than a Final Four.

rome8180 said:
I fully expect Kelly not to come back and UNC to win the ACC.

They showed him tonight during the timeout and he can't even put any weight on it. He was walking on it a couple of weeks ago, I thought.

Maybe he was out of the boot for some reason. He's been using crutches, but had been walking into the huddles without them and with the boot on previously

Larkin abused Quinn in so many ways this game. It was atrocious to watch. I thought Quinn was just god awful on so many levels and that filtered down to everybody else.

I, too, missed the game. I took someone up on an offer of free Razorbacks tickets and figured I could watch Duke when I got home after the wife went to sleep. We saw my wife's coworker at the game, and she basically said, "So Miami is killing Duke, huh?" Hearing that, I went ahead and checked the score. I was pretty pissy the rest of the night, but at least I didn't have to watch any of that garbage.

I feel like going to watch Arkansas basketball instead of a Duke game has like a 0.1% chance of working out for me, but somehow it did tonight.

I checked in on the score twice while I was out doing more useful things. The first time I checked, it was 14-13 Duke. I thought "Oh cool. Maybe I should tune in for the second half." The next time I checked it was 54-29 Miami. I thought I might have misread, since I was watching through a bar window. But no, I stepped inside for a closer view and sure enough that was the score.

Tell me, how in the fuck does a team with this much talent, with a hall of fame coach, who beat some of the best teams in the country to start the year, allow a 25-1 run? How the fuck does that happen? That's some basement dweller shit, right there.

It was just a bizarro world game. Every layup hit the rim three times and fell out, every pullup Miami three went in.

Not that it excuses the subsequent giving up, but it just one of those stretches where everything that could possibly go wrong... did. Then we started feeling sorry for ourselves and decided we were over it, and just checked out.

I am so pissed at this season right now. Might be end up being one of the most frustrating seasons ever. National title contenders get injury to key player and hated rival turns out not to suck as much as previously thought. 2011 was pretty bad because of Kyrie and because UNC started kind of shitty and then eked out a dozen close games. But this year had started with a 2010 vibe.

I'll just assume Kelly is coming back at some point and will make enough difference where Duke wouldn't lose to a Miami quality team on a neutral court. If not, it's just another season where you don't get too stressed out about the NCAA Tournament - hope for a hot shooting stretch into the Final Four but be satisfied with a Sweet Sixteen win and no more.

This is not ideal but it's fine. There is no 1 and done player that places any urgency on this season. K put in some effort getting Mason, Kelly and Curry to come to Duke, and that effort got him 4 years out of all of them. K put in even more effort for Irving and Jabari and he's only going to get 1 year out of each. That makes their seasons a lot more stressful to me.

deepdarkblue said:
childress22 said:

Kind of. Seth was pouting because he's jealous of Rivers and all the negativity made Dawkins depressed.

THIS ^ is what I've been trying to say since last year! I almost feel that he's jealous of some of the players accomplishments THIS year also!!!!

dukeofcalabash said:
deepdarkblue said:
childress22 said:

THIS ^ is what I've been trying to say since last year! I almost feel that he's jealous of some of the players accomplishments THIS year also!!!!
Do you think we should stop recruiting 13 year old girls? I mean, they are great shooters.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom