Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke at Miami - Wed, Jan 23, 7:00pm ESPN

Wow, just saw the final score. Can someone do a serious post mortem recap for this? I'd like to know what atrocities exactly happened.

I feel like we've hit rock bottom. I rather lose like this than by ~7 and have nothing change though. There will be some serious soul searching discussion between Coach and some of our players regarding effort.

Dont' worry, UNC is about to beat GT at home by a hell of a lot more than we beat them at home, so that's great.

SMTTEM, watching the game live was much worse than the final score. It would be much easier to tell you what went right, which would be nothing, I think. Alex Murphy was our single little ray of sunshine.

So Mason has proved himself to be the 15 and 11 guy I thought at the beginning of the year.

On the plus side, it looks like Sheed had another good game and that Amile continues to shine.

The next meeting between K, Mason and Curry will be interesting. I can't get too down on the rest of the guys. When we play Kelly the rotation is senior/senior/senior/sophomore/freshman/junior/junior. Tonight it was senior/senior/sophomore/freshman/freshman/junior/junior/ freshman/freshman. People don't want to talk about experience anymore but that comparison is relevant. It doesn't excuse the two seniors, but it explains how the rest of the team can just get shellshocked on the road when the seniors aren't performing.

rome8180 said:
So Mason has proved himself to be the 15 and 11 guy I thought at the beginning of the year.

On the plus side, it looks like Sheed had another good game and that Amile continues to shine.
Don't let the few garbage buckets he got at the end fool you. He was just as shit as everyone else. Not as putrid as cook/curry/thornton, but bad.

We lost by almost 30 despite shooting only four fewer FTs, getting outrebounded by only four, having seven more offensive boards than Miami, having five fewer turnovers than Miami and the same number of assists, and having one fewer PF.

DurhamSon said:
rome8180 said:

Don't let the few garbage buckets he got at the end fool you. He was just as shit as everyone else. Not as putrid as cook/curry/thornton, but bad.

Exactly. Mason and Sheed did nothing meaningful.

eta, Mason was 5 - 15 shooting, and all those shots were within 5 feet of the basket, and he hit 50% of his free throws. As far as rebounds, Miami basically stopped going after offensive rebounds half way through the second half. It was more fun for them to run back down the court and mockingly slap the floor.

I have no confidence in this team playing on the road, which is odd because last years disaster of a team went undefeated in conference on the road.

So it sounds like K got a little weird after the game. What's up?

"Men and boys...we could not have been any weaker, than we were tonight. They are strong, old and good. When they (Miami) see weak and young, you get more confidence. Their effort was much better than ours. You start 2 freshmen, your seniors have to show up. You're not going to win any ball games if those 3 aren't going to do it. When they (Mason/Curry) were missing, they got weaker not stronger. There are no redeeming graces. What can we improve on? Everything. You get beat like that, not much good going on out there."

I knew Kadji was going to kill us. Just didn't expect to get killed by Larkin. He had 10 rebs? WTF

DrKlahn said:
So it sounds like K got a little weird after the game. What's up?

Don't know, I quit when it became apparent the team had quit. What did you hear?

At least the young guys played well ('cept cook). Bodes well for the future.

aiw said:
"Men and boys...we could not have been any weaker, than we were tonight. They are strong, old and good. When they (Miami) see weak and young, you get more confidence. Their effort was much better than ours. You start 2 freshmen, your seniors have to show up. You're not going to win any ball games if those 3 aren't going to do it. When they (Mason/Curry) were missing, they got weaker not stronger. There are no redeeming graces. What can we improve on? Everything. You get beat like that, not much good going on out there."

This is the game, in a nut shell.

aiw said:

I assume that's a quote? Yeah, that next K/Mason/Curry meeting is going to be something else.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom