Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2014-2015 Discussion thread

If Jones is really going to go #17, I would expect him back for 2-3 years. His limitations (size and explosiveness) are already clear and reflected in his current draft stock; people are expecting him to be much closer to his ceiling than other freshmen. It's the opposite case of someone like McAdoo whose limitations only become clear when you see him play. I think Jones can feel safe about going 10-20 any time he feels like leaving.

Dayum.

tumblr_n8s6lqBGFG1qdo25go1_400.png

Yeah, he doesn't look out of shape at all, which has always been one of the knocks on him.

Those are some Pocius-like calves.

I literally can't remember the last time I've been more certain about a loss than I am about @ Wisconsin. We're gonna get absolutely pummeled.

All those other teams are bad this season, right?

11-2 non-conference seems like what computers would say. I'd go with 12-1, assuming the rational odds of beating Wisconsin - around 40% - are also the actual odds of beating Wisconsin. Maybe K will do something differently to prepare the players in that first road game, but maybe he is ok with losing that game several years in a row and for the rest of his career because he is, of course, senile now.

You could probably prepare freshmen for the atmosphere at Notre Dame. I don't know if it's possible to prepare them for what we'll see at Wisconsin. It's going to be a night game and those students have nothing to do but get drunk and go to this game. All the other ACC/B1G games suck this year (Iowa at UNC is probably 2nd best, which is awful because Iowa), so this is going to be even more hyped than usual by ESPN.

Semi on Kaminsky. Is there any other option to pressure Kaminsky aggressively at the arc and also keep him out of position in the post?

Semi won't play a minute at Wisconsin.

Justise will probably guard him.

Justise is pretty much Semi who can't shoot as well, dribbles better, and will actually play.

That is a tough road game in any circumstance. Wisconsin should win the big 10 next year.

best4heisman said:
I literally can't remember the last time I've been more certain about a loss than I am about @ Wisconsin. We're gonna get absolutely pummeled.

rome8180 said:
Justise will probably guard him.

Justise is pretty much Semi who can't shoot as well, dribbles better, and will actually play.

This, but with the caveat that if Semi could have defended at at least 40% of Justise level last year, he would have seen more time (see Jones, Matt).

Do we have a date of the NYC games yet? Aren't we playing 4 or 5 up there this year?

Off the top of my head:
St. Johns
UConn
Temple
who am I missing?

Other than the Champions Classic, which preseason tournament is Duke playing in this year with Temple and either Stanford or UNLV?

Indianapolis is an interesting location. I thought originally the idea was to rotate between Chicago, NYC, and Atlanta. I guess they will expand it to new cities every three years?

Doesn't MSU suck this year? Combine that with K's perpetual dominance of Izzo, and it would be nice to start the year with a beatdown on national television with recruits watching.

dukeberto said:
Indianapolis is an interesting location. I thought originally the idea was to rotate between Chicago, NYC, and Atlanta. I guess they will expand it to new cities every three years?

Its the perfect location for me. My parents live in Indy, so I would guess I'll be at that game. Will be the second time watching Duke/MSU in Indy.

MSU has very little talent on its roster but all the returners put up decent shooting numbers last year and they will almost definitely play better defense than Duke.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom