Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2014-2015 Discussion thread

What's the scholly situation for Duke in 14-15? TT, Hairston, Murphy, Dre all gone.
That leaves: Cook, M. Jones, Hood, Parker, Semi, Sheed, Amile, MP3?

So Duke can take five if no one else leaves?

BTW, I doubt Grayson Allen will make the McD's AA team. Committed too early. Is only a borderline 5-star. Is overshadowed by the other players in Duke's class.

If you could choose one of either Hood or Parker to be part of next year's team, which would it be? Hood may seem like the better choice if you look at ACC play only, but you would think Parker, due to age, would improve at a faster rate over the offseason. Hood a much better defender I think, but Parker the better rebounder.

I would go with the 19 year old projected to be an NBA all star over the 21 year old. Parker is already getting better on defense game to game and next year, with that rebounding at the SF spot, good lord.

A team with Winslow, Parker, Jefferson, and Okafor playing significant minutes might be the best rebounding team in Duke history. Okafor, despite playing center, would likely be the worst of the bunch.

Parker's flaws, terrible as they are right now, are easily correctable. No one is forcing him to take a third of Duke's possessions. I think if he were taking Hood quality shots, he'd have near-Hood quality numbers but with so much more rebounding. So I'd want Parker back. Plus with Okafor demanding the ball and only playing hard if he's rewarded on offense, like Dwight and all other dominant big men, Parker would take good shots next season.

By my calculations, with the projected defensive rebounding percentages of PG Jones 10%, SG Winslow 20%, SF Parker 20%, PF Jefferson 25% and C Okafor 25%, Duke will rebound 100% of the other teams' misses, on average.

That will be like ten rebounds total though, when K unveils his super-overplay next season. Every defensive possession results in either a turnover, made free throw or layup.

Weird. Barclays is nice by all accounts but I thought the goal was to land MSG. Barclays is across the street from a Target.

Reading the article:

The ACC has no chance to move to Madison Square Garden in the immediate future, as MSG has a deal signed with the Big East through 2026. Multiple sources described that contract as "air tight."

Wonder if in this case "air tight" is legalese for "can withstand a Seton Hall-Providence semifinal."

DrKlahn said:
Weird. Barclays is nice by all accounts but I thought the goal was to land MSG. Barclays is across the street from a Target.

Big East has an airtight agreement through 2026

I mean, you're going to have Xavier-Butler in the Garden while Duke is playing Syracuse in BK. Don't see how MSG can tolerate that. Then again, Dolan.

I'll put this here. LOL

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 1m
K on Rodney Hood: "I wish we had him for more than one year."

Just like last year we'll know within the first few weeks if this team is also too fucking stupid to do anything

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom