Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2014-2015 Discussion thread

Well he played for Sendek and K beat Sendek a bunch so he's like a third cousin twice removed from ~12 of the 1,000.

deeyoukayeee said:
Well he played for Sendek and K beat Sendek a bunch so he's like a third cousin twice removed from ~12 of the 1,000.

Maybe he almost went to some other school that nearly beat a Duke team, and would have if he'd been there.

How do you guys think the perimeter minutes will be allocated now? I expect Matt would be between 20-25 min, Tyus would probably creep up towards 35 minutes a game (about 5 minutes more per game). I hope Cook does not have to play any more than he already is (35 min/game). Need the legs for March.

I really don't think Allen is going to get a lot of minutes. I think you may actually see some more Plumlee-Oak twin towers lineups. Jones probably sees the biggest uptick in minutes. Duke can live with 7 guys playing 190-195 minutes or so and Allen getting the remainder. There will probably be some games where it's like 198 or even 200, and then little to nothing for Allen.

Allen could increase his minutes from like 3 to 8 just by not fucking up the first time he touches the ball when they bring him in.

Yeah, I see Amile and MP3 and Winslow being the beneficiaries, and K probably rethinking his defensive strategy further since Sheed was one of 2 perimeter players who could stay in front of his man. I see Duke going bigger. So probably the opposite of that will happen.

I would like MP3 to get the majority of Sheed's minutes. I suspect it will be Matt Jones. Also, Tyus and Cook will clearly have to play more since it's necessary to have one of them in the game at all times for ball-handling purposes.

Maybe this will be one of those 80s duke teams that lost a decent number of reg season games but managed to pull off impressive road wins and get to the FF

I definitely did not see this coming. When Duke was down 11, I was certain it was over. UVa was running a layup line with a high school offense and was just overpowering Duke. Then we cut the lead to three and Winslow had a meltdown and I was certain Duke just didn't have the composure to play with the big boys.

Very fucking impressed.

I also was counting them out. Quinn, Tyus & Matt hit massive shots, and they held their own on D.

Great opponent - this is encouraging, no bones about it.

Tyus and Quinn need to be the highest usage players by a big margin going forward.

I am a little bit concerned about a possible fatigue factor with Quinn, but I hope that is unfounded. TJ, QC & MJ are critical going forward.

Only thing I worry about with this bunch is using tonight as affirmation that they really don't have to play with urgency until the last five minutes.

krsmith16 said:
Only thing I worry about with this bunch is using tonight as affirmation that they really don't have to play with urgency until the last five minutes.

Aww, is your glass half empty?

torontoduke said:
I am a little bit concerned about a possible fatigue factor with Quinn, but I hope that is unfounded. TJ, QC & MJ are critical going forward.

He seems like he's in the best shape of everyone, no?

^That was the word coming into this season, and I have not seen anything to dispute that. I guess I am thinking that the increased minutes may have an adverse impact in the NCAAs. Hope I am wrong.

torontoduke said:
^That was the word coming into this season, and I have not seen anything to dispute that. I guess I am thinking that the increased minutes may have an adverse impact in the NCAAs. Hope I am wrong.

No hope needed, you're definitely wrong.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom