Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2017-2018

Aren't they ranked like 18th in the world? Should be fun watching us lose by 50.

Are these gonna be televised? Or do I have to pay from some shitty stream?

Oct. 27, 2017
Northwest Missouri State

Division II champions
Rising sophomore Ryan Welty is 6-7 and shot 67% from 3 (no typo) on 78 attempts last season. He was a bench player. He made 16 straight 3s at one point. He went 9-9 3pt in a game. This player who could not start for NWMOST last season has a better shot at making an NBA roster than Bolden, IMO.
Luke Winn story on Welty: https://www.si.com/college-basketba...three-point-shooting-northwest-missouri-state

Nov. 4, 2017
Bowie State

CIAA champions
Rising senior Ahmaad Wilson is the kind of quick PG that invariably makes a mockery of K's defensive schemes. He shoots well from 3 (40% 3pt) on high volume (50% 3pt rate), gets to the line reasonably well for a 6-0 guy (29% FT rate) and makes his FTs (81% FT). If Duval is going to be Duke's first freshman guard to be better-than-terrible on defense, we can kind of find that out in this game, which is why it's a nice matchup as an exhibition. We know K will not change his system, so Duval/Carter will be hung out to dry on PnR against Wilson. They have a chance to prove that their physical gifts will make up for the detrimental defensive coaching.

We'll look into these exciting matchups more as we get closer than 1.5 months away. Would not be surprised if one or both are still loseable with 8:00-12:00 to go.

In all seriousness, while the pre conference home schedule is generally garbage, the opening game against Elon feels loseable. Reminds me a bit of the opener against Belmont that we almost lost a few years ago.

This is a team that we beat by just 11 last December. Based on a quick Kenpom scan, they would be keeping five of six main rotation players (not sure if anyone transferred in or out, however). And the guy they are losing had the second worst o rating of those six. So we have an experienced opponent. Against an incredibly young and kind of shitty Duke team. In the first game of the year.

You would at least take Elon and the points here right?

Who was that annoying piece of shit who played for Elon with a UNC connection? Luke Eddy? Am I thinking of the right player? I really hope i'm not confusing him for some other white guy on another team (they all look alike anyways)

Who was that annoying piece of shit who played for Elon with a UNC connection? Luke Eddy? Am I thinking of the right player? I really hope i'm not confusing him for some other white guy on another team (they all look alike anyways)

Think that was the guy Grayson tripped? I know he had been goading him for a bit before that.

Grayson tripped Steven Santa Ana. Luke Eddy was the cheap shot asshole that did shit a year or 2 before. He's friends with that other asshole, Ryan Switzer, who praised him on Twitter for attacking Duke players.

Grayson tripped Steven Santa Ana. Luke Eddy was the cheap shot asshole that did shit a year or 2 before. He's friends with that other asshole, Ryan Switzer, who praised him on Twitter for attacking Duke players.

Yes. With Sulaimon. Also a needlessly close game during the title year (Duke won by just 13). Eddy was the one senior in the rotation so he's gone now.

We did beat them by 40 in the Ingram year.

I like the video editing around Bolden's move so you don't know how bad it really was.

If Javin and Bolden actually improve significantly and get to play minutes, I will feel a lot better about this upcoming season- because I feel like with Duval at point guard Allen is going to have a season similar to his sophomore one.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom