Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2017-2018

I guarantee you that house is owned by someone on staff or it was cleared with the homeowner first. No way DMB posts it otherwise.

But yes, it does not look like a black-friendly neighborhood to my eyes.

It's a thing that NBA guys have been doing. Anthony Davis and De'Aaron Fox have both posted vids lately doing drive by slams.

physicsfactor said:
It's a thing that NBA guys have been doing. Anthony Davis and De'Aaron Fox have both posted vids lately doing drive by slams.

That's fine for them, they don't suffer from the frailty and all around shitty luck that Duke players do.

Patience. A stress reaction will be discovered during practices a week or so from now.

I'm very concerned about walk-on Justin Robinson taking minutes away from Carter, Vrank, DeLaurier, and this new Marquese kid I just learned about.

Does anyone know anything on Jordan Goldwire? Is he just completely incapable of playing next season like O'Connell, or can Goldwire at least be something like a freshman Thornton and just bring the ball up the court and defend people? It would help us out quite a bit if we could just get 5-8 ACC minutes of Goldwire just coming in and hustling and defending his ass off just to give Duval a ball, while also keeping Allen and Trent Jr off ball.

I would like to see Allen in the 2013 Seth Curry role- always off ball. In 2012 I thought Curry suffered quite a bit by being asked to and then playing heavy minutes at point guard. The following season when Cook took over point guard full time and Curry was just asked to run off of screens and score he was so much better, and his attitude and approach to the game changed. I'm hopeful that is what we will see next season with Allen. In 2016, even though Thornton was terrible offensively, he played enough minutes where Allen was for the most part off ball and he was an efficient scoring machine. All Thornton did was just bring the ball up and initiate the offense- that doesn't seem like much, but from a psychological aspect, I think as a scorer it completely changes your mindset when you don't have to worry about handling the pressure up the floor and then opening up the offense.

This is the first season I can remember that I don't know all the players and what they look like.

The home non-con schedule sucks.

Ticket renewal email came today. I don't think the price went up.

Does anyone know anything on Jordan Goldwire? Is he just completely incapable of playing next season like O'Connell, or can Goldwire at least be something like a freshman Thornton and just bring the ball up the court and defend people? It would help us out quite a bit if we could just get 5-8 ACC minutes of Goldwire just coming in and hustling and defending his ass off just to give Duval a ball, while also keeping Allen and Trent Jr off ball.

I would like to see Allen in the 2013 Seth Curry role- always off ball. In 2012 I thought Curry suffered quite a bit by being asked to and then playing heavy minutes at point guard. The following season when Cook took over point guard full time and Curry was just asked to run off of screens and score he was so much better, and his attitude and approach to the game changed. I'm hopeful that is what we will see next season with Allen. In 2016, even though Thornton was terrible offensively, he played enough minutes where Allen was for the most part off ball and he was an efficient scoring machine. All Thornton did was just bring the ball up and initiate the offense- that doesn't seem like much, but from a psychological aspect, I think as a scorer it completely changes your mindset when you don't have to worry about handling the pressure up the floor and then opening up the offense.

He will be at most a practice player next year, unless the team has some catastrophic injuries in the backcourt. He is a noted defender/effort guy, but all reports indicate he really struggles to shoot. I don't know what to expect long term - could be a TT (I think this is unlikely) or could be an Andre Buckner.

I will be attending the home opener on 11/10, my first game at Cameron, so I'm pretty excited about that.

Otherwise I'm feeling very lukewarm about the season, unless we get Bagley, in which case my enthusiasm will rise significantly.

That last clip is actually the one I posted a photo of in the Bolden thread. I would have bet you $100 he got blocked from the camera angle of the photo.

When do our exhibition games happen? And who are we playing?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom