Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2017-2018

The non top 50 Kenpom games I'm worried about are this Friday against Elon (first game for a very young team vs. a team of all upperclassmen that we've historically looked VERY shaky against) and @ BC. I think BC is set to take a real step forward this year- Jerome Robinson, Ky Bowman and Jordan Chatman is a legitimate, experienced backcourt that I think will vault them into the middle of the ACC pack. Playing on the road there is never easy.

BTW, Florida, a possible opponent in the PK80 finals, is starting to get a lot of preseason buzz as the best team in the SEC- they're also top 10 Kenpom to start.

Good work @Topher. You are really talented as a podcast host, FYI. Are you still trying to go into something media related full time?

Also lol @ finally ceasing with the charade that Barrett is anything other than done to Duke, in the segment about how he'll look alongside Reddish.

Thanks, DS. Not really, the media world can’t really approach software in terms of pay and benefits and work/life balance so this actually strikes perfectly for me. If I was able to parlay this work into something bigger, I’d explore the option but I’ve got the best of both worlds right now.

I really liked what Steve had to say about Barrett’s game and the Harden comparison

When was the last time this team played zone and it wasn't a total shitshow?

Yup. That was coming off the losses to State and the destruction by Miami in Cameron. May have kept things from spiraling.

Yup. That was coming off the losses to State and the destruction by Miami in Cameron. May have kept things from spiraling.
And we continued to play it at times during the rest of the season. Still probably fewer than 20% of our possessions if I had to guess.

A different question: how many teams have won the title playing primarily zone? There's obviously Syracuse, but that was in 2003.

Not that I expect us to go zone as our main defense, now or ever.

Am I an idiot for thinking trae young would have fit better for this team than trevon Duval?

Am I an idiot for thinking trae young would have fit better for this team than trevon Duval?
No, BUT you've gotta think of the street cred we will get down the line for having Tricky Tre. NYC/Delaware kid. Nasty handles, nasty dunks, and incredible speed/athleticism/finishing ability. Like Billy Preston said, he was made in a lab. His broken jump shot sucks but we are so talented elsewhere, we can live with it.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom