Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2017-2018

Digging holes for themselves obviously not a good trend, but man are these guys showing some toughness/heart early on.

No quit.

As long as the team doesn't do something stupid like blow the IU game, we must be getting pretty close to snatching a one seed. 14-4, maybe even 13-5 in ACC play would still be enough I think.

Whatever this team has to do to slow down games, K should work on that. There's not a team in college that can even come close to rebounding with us when it becomes a halfcourt contest. It's gotta be demoralizing.

I really think our best defense is a 2-3 with Bagley and Delaurier on the wings. Those two guys are such active, long, versatile athletes that it basically negates the weaknesses of a zone. They cover so much ground that wing threes are never really open, and are big-time rim protectors and rebounders when they need to sink in on the weak side. If you've got freaks like that, you might as well use them unfairly.

The issue is figuring out offense, but I think running JJ plays for Grayson and isos for Bagley would be fine with a little massaging. The second guard probably can't be Duval, though.

The +/- splits for Bolden/Delaurier/O'Connell don't look great from today, so maybe I'm remembering this lineup's impact being rosier than it was. I like it a lot in theory, though.

If this ends up being our best lineup, I would be sad. Seems too small to work, as Trent is probably not Winslow, Ingram or Tatum on the boards or in rim protection. It would essentially mean there will never be a big lineup at Duke that is better than a smaller lineup.

It is encouraging that Duke was able to hold both Texas and Florida to 10 points in the final 10 minutes of regulation, while also staging furious rallies. The defensive woes are certainly legitimate, and I think the opposing offenses playing stall ball is a significant factor too, but at least we have yet to be completely blitzed on the defensive end for an entire 40 minutes and do have the ability to play somewhat competent defense for stretches. This gives me some hope that the 2015 NCAAT defense can be replicated in this year's tournament (don't see it happening before then). Slowing the pace down and playing half-court basketball, like Duke did then, would probably work in our favor again this year.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom