Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2020-2021

I can't even get a feel for Coleman. I don't think he's a Javin type, but he also is a Javin type. Does that make sense? I don't think he has any offensive skill outside of 5 feet. When I look at Coleman my natural response is "man, in 2-3 years this guy is going to be good".

Here is the issue I have when projecting Henry Coleman. He's athletic, he's strong as an ox, and he's very smart. I think that in a program like UVA or Villanova, it would be very easy to project this guy as someone who will really develop. At UVA who would develop into a defensive monster and slowly expand his offensive game. At Villanova, he would develop a 3pt shot and some ability to drive from the perimeter, he would be a rebounding monster, and at some point in his career, he would be a really good 5 and be drafted in the NBA.

With Duke's development being so hit or miss it's impossible to project where Coleman is going to go. We either get incredible player development like what we saw out Grayson Allen, Luke Kennard, Tre Jones and even Jordan Goldwire. Or we get 0 player development like what we got from Javin DeLaurier and Jack White.

Because of this I think that Coleman will not develop, but because of his strength and athleticism I still think he'll be better than Javin.

Here's a highlight video of him:

How much he plays will probably depend on how good our incoming bigs are, but he provides depth at least. One thing worth noting is he sat out this past season.

Who wants to start the Player thread for him?

Should we care?

Sort of.

I think SMTTEM posted about his advanced metrics (not really encouraging, if I remember correctly). But it is another body, hopefully useful as depth. If he can contribute something comparable to Vrank's senior year I wouldn't complain.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom