Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2021-2022

The All-ACC team in 99 had Ademola Okulaja, NBA bust Steve Francis and Terrence Morris.

Little surprising about Bacot, honestly, especially after what he did Saturday night. But Alondes Williams' numbers were too hard to ignore, I guess.

Last edited:
ACC Coach of the Year
Steve Forbes, Wake Forest, 40 votes
Mike Krzyzewski, Duke, 19
Mike Brey, Notre Dame, 13
Jim Larrañaga, Miami, 3
Mike Young, Virginia Tech, 1
Hubert Davis, North Carolina, 1
Tony Bennett, Virginia, 1

Kinda feel like Larrañaga got too little respect here. Wake went from 3-15 last year to 13-7 this year; Miami went from 4-15 last year to 14-6 this year.

The Clark vote just seems like a random nod to Virginia, but I can't imagine him actually earning post-season all-league honors. I'd bet he's replaced as the token Cavalier by the ECU transfer guy, or someone else anyway. Last year, Clark was second-team pre-season and missed the post-season teams (Wendell was in the same boat last season, but I do think that one might change).

Congrats again to Kihei Clark for his second year of making the Pre-Season All-ACC Second Team.

Only opining on those who have played while I have lived:

2001 - Duhon - Solid NBA career, given draft position.
2008 - Singler - Solid NBA career, given draft position.
2012 - Rivers - Solid NBA career.
2014 - Parker - Bust.
2015 - Okafor - Bust.
2016 - Ingram - Great NBA career.
2018 - Bagley III - Bust.
2019 - Williamson - Bust.
2020 - Carey Jr. - TBD
2022 - Banchero - Bust.

Saw these stats earlier:

Wake II: 1.044 unadjusted; 0.969 adjusted (equivalent of #52 defense in the country)
FSU II: 1.043 unadjusted; 1.012 adjusted (equivalent of #128 defense)
Virginia II: 1.026 unadjusted; 0.970 adjusted (equivalent of #55 defense)
Syracuse II: 1.172 unadjusted; 1.062 adjusted (equivalent of #229 defense)
Pittsburgh: 0.903 unadjusted; 0.929 adjusted (equivalent of #18 defense)
UNC II: 1.260 unadjusted; 1.157 adjusted (equivalent of #351 defense)

Pretty damn awful.

The Zion O guy is saying that Duke didn’t practice from W-F leading up to the UNC game

Wanted to give the team time to "process their regular-season title win". Probably also gave them a surprise ice cream party with cookies and cake so they could really appreciate what a good grandpa he is.

I thought that meant from Wake Forest, not Wednesday to Friday. That’s more believable.

I‘m sure they had run throughs. Practice wouldn’t have made a difference on defense in the 2nd half anyway.

and apparently this huge news was mentioned by K after the game anyway

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom