Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2021-2022

I do think Hubert is desperate to land GG Jackson as a means of pivoting to the elite OAD game. They tried their hand at it with Little, White, Anthony, and Sharpe, with really only White having any notoriety, and a wake of numerous failures otherwise. That’s why I really want him even if he’s a non shooting big, just to keep Hubert from getting him and using him to turn UNC to a viable destination. But maybe NIL is just so powerful now and our advantage so great as the premier brand it doesn’t even matter. It sure would explain our incoming class and what’s looking to be the one afterwards.

I don’t think Duke could conceivably be dethroned. If we fell off it wouldn’t be some program replacing us, but rather just the final nail in the coffin as the sport becomes fully niche and regional. Like the last star in a once bright but dying universe finally going extinguished

The 9-16 team he fielded last year made 2021 Duke look like a Final Four contender in comparison. I actually thought Cal assembled a nice team this year, but their shooters all went cold down the stretch, and TyTy and Wheeler(?) fell off after mid-season injuries. Felt similar to many Duke seasons.

I know Duke was probably by plurality already the biggest brand in 2007 before DukeBluePlanet, but spending a decade and a half building it up before NIL was even conceived of, hell before you could even make money on social media, was both genius and an incredible stroke of luck that’s now just starting to portentously pay huge dividends. Just a massive head start in cultivating one area that now is probably more responsible for landing elite recruits than any other single factor. Like buying cheap land in early to mid 20th century Bay Area California long before silicon valley was a thing.

The 9-16 team he fielded last year made 2021 Duke look like a Final Four contender in comparison. I actually thought Cal assembled a nice team this year, but their shooters all went cold down the stretch, and TyTy and Wheeler(?) fell off after mid-season injuries. Felt similar to many Duke seasons.
Yeah, I was high on Kentucky's roster all year this year. But he rarely has enough shooting. Looking back through his teams since 2015, they've only been inside the top 100 in 3pt shooting once. Duke has been inside the top 100 five times in that same span. And we've still thought we didn't have enough shooting recently.

I know Duke was probably by plurality already the biggest brand in 2007 before DukeBluePlanet, but spending a decade and a half building it up before NIL was even conceived of, hell before you could even make money on social media, was both genius and an incredible stroke of luck that’s now just starting to portentously pay huge dividends. Just a massive head start in cultivating one area that now is probably more responsible for landing elite recruits than any other single factor. Like buying cheap land in early to mid 20th century Bay Area California long before silicon valley was a thing.

DBP and the 2010 title team were the perfect storm for wiping away the stink of the Paulus Dorkuke teams of 07-09. Things were looking a bit shaky again after the 2012 and 14 first round embarrassments, but we were still able to land an elite class and cash it in for another title in 2015, and since then, the brand has been a runaway freight train.

Basically, as great as the social media is, we had to win some metal to back it up too, and we did that.

Last edited:

Lol @ Gene Banks and Dawkins having this record for like 35 years uninterrupted and now they probably won’t be on this list in five years.

And if Zion doesn’t miss 6 games he’s probably at 900

Gonna watch Wrestlemania now. One silver lining is it hasn’t been spoiled for me because I haven’t been on internet besides this site all night.

I didn't realize UNC had only 2 more offensive rebounds than we did. It felt like a lot more than that. They also had 10 turnovers to our 4.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom