Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2024-2025

How will this season end?

• Total voters
Alright we got our PF/C in Maliq, our backup SF/PF in Gillis, now if we can just land an upperclassman guard (Brea?), we should be set next season.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how the starting rotation shakes out. Proctor-Foster locked in as the back court, with Maluach as the C. Does Flagg start at the 3 and Brown at the 4? Or does Gillis start at the 3 with Flagg at the 4? My preference is the latter, but we'll see.

I think Duke can find better market value than going with this guy. He's essentially a high-level 3 & D guy, which is exactly what Duke needs, but his list of suitors implies he's going to exceed market value for someone of his skill set. Scheyer can most likely find someone very similar at a fraction of the cost in the portal.

^^^ I mean if Duke doesn't get him I think it's because he can waltz into a starting spot at Kentucky, and not here. I don't give a damn about rim slashing ability if you're hitting 49%(!!!!) from three, if it can work for Duncan Robinson who can't take a chair off the dribble, a way to make it work for Brea would be found.

But he's almost certainly not coming here anyways so this is moot

It's more believable based on who Scheyer is cutting and who Scheyer is bringing in this offseason that he'll listen to his league of dorks and play Flagg at PF.

I like the idea of adding Brea, basically the best shooter available, if he still wants to come to Duke after already adding Gillis and with the prospect of still adding another more versatile PG/SG. It's just another option. I don't know why Brea would want to be just another option in a 10-man rotation, but good for Duke if he's fine with that.

Have read from other Purdue fans that Gillis is more of a 4, so not sure how that impacts the lineup/Maliq's projected position. Also gotta imagine Isaiah Evans will start quite a few games at the 2/3.

Because I think you’d have to be a star level offensive player to start ahead of Brown, who will be one of the most efficient and best defensive forwards in the country next year.

Because I think you’d have to be a star level offensive player to start ahead of Brown, who will be one of the most efficient and best defensive forwards in the country next year.

What if, and I know this is crazy, those two don't play the same position?
The debate was whether Duke should go Maluach/Brown/Flagg in the front court or Maluach/Flagg/Gillis in the front court.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom