Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Coaching

But admittedly, I was not willing to dig through the entirety of D-1 and include mediocre coaches like Pastner in my search.

Scheyer has one more season before things get really uncomfortable. I’d start kicking the tires on Snyder as a bridge solution now, and have K talk Redick into being an assistant coach somewhere in the NBA next season to get acclimated to the career change.

Scheyer has one more season before things get really uncomfortable. I’d start kicking the tires on Snyder as a bridge solution now, and have K talk Redick into being an assistant coach somewhere in the NBA next season to get acclimated to the career change.

I fucking loathe Duke Twitter now. All these dumb motherfuckers have collective amnesia. They were absolutely posting this kind of thing any time Duke would lose a game under K. But in their memory, K did everything perfectly and never lost a game due to poor strategic decisions.

Not to mention that UNC beat plenty of teams with RJ going off. No guarantee that would have worked. I think we should try it next time, but I don't think ignoring Cormac to guard the much better player in RJ was an unreasonable decision.

Yeah i'm done with the Scheyer slander, I probably should mute notifications for this entire thread because i'm not going to enjoy it for the next twenty years or w/e and would just end up posting angry or passive aggressive with reactions. Every twitter rando posting HOT takes with 100% results driven analysis instead of process.

Yeah i'm done with the Scheyer slander, I probably should mute notifications for this entire thread because i'm not going to enjoy it for the next twenty years or w/e. Every twitter rando posting HOT takes with 100% results driven analysis instead of process.
This is it exactly. That's my big problem with it.

There is a grand total of one (1) coach in college basketball right now I would feel comfortable choosing over Scheyer to coach Duke over the next decade: Dan Hurley.

I actually disagree with this. Dan Hurley is the best coach in the country right now, but his personality issues are enlarging. While his antics are endearing to the loyal fanbase at UCONN, much like Knight's were to Indiana, they are odd behavior to everyone else. Recently his wife just did an interview and called fans from Providence assholes. In today's game against Providence threatened to fight a fan. He's a ticking time bomb. I never want to face one of his UCONN teams while he's the coach. On the court he's that good. But off of it he's going to create problems for himself, and history has proven that eventually these guys come crashing down if they don't self correct.

Losing UNC games is just always going to bring out those reactions. Even from a results standpoint, 8-2 in the final 10 conference games with a handful of blowouts is very good, even in a weak conference. But getting swept by UNC and looking weak both times will produce big feelings in people, no matter what.

Losing UNC games is just always going to bring out those reactions. Even from a results standpoint, 8-2 in the final 10 conference games with a handful of blowouts is very good, even in a weak conference. But getting swept by UNC and looking weak both times will produce big feelings in people, no matter what.
Nah, it's not that, man. They've been doing this all year to an insane degree.

There is a grand total of one (1) coach in college basketball right now I would feel comfortable choosing over Scheyer to coach Duke over the next decade: Dan Hurley.

I actually disagree with this. Dan Hurley is the best coach in the country right now, but his personality issues are enlarging. While his antics are endearing to the loyal fanbase at UCONN, much like Knight's were to Indiana, they are odd behavior to everyone else. Recently his wife just did an interview and called fans from Providence assholes. In today's game against Providence threatened to fight a fan. He's a ticking time bomb. I never want to face one of his UCONN teams while he's the coach. On the court he's that good. But off of it he's going to create problems for himself, and history has proven that eventually these guys come crashing down if they don't self correct.

Okay, I actually didn’t know that. Shows how irrelevant UConn is nationally. Make that zero coaches I’d comfortably choose over Jon right now.

I fucking loathe Duke Twitter now. All these dumb motherfuckers have collective amnesia. They were absolutely posting this kind of thing any time Duke would lose a game under K. But in their memory, K did everything perfectly and never lost a game due to poor strategic decisions.

Not to mention that UNC beat plenty of teams with RJ going off. No guarantee that would have worked. I think we should try it next time, but I don't think ignoring Cormac to guard the much better player in RJ was an unreasonable decision.

What are you getting worked up about. That is literally every sports fandom ever. It’s why sports talk radio was a huge in the 80s and 90s.

Here is video on Houston's #1 ranked defense in the country.

Seems like the idea that you can't play effective aggressive high pressure man defense in modern college ball is just not correct.

Yeah i'm done with the Scheyer slander, I probably should mute notifications for this entire thread because i'm not going to enjoy it for the next twenty years or w/e and would just end up posting angry or passive aggressive with reactions. Every twitter rando posting HOT takes with 100% results driven analysis instead of process.
this is the way. #TrustinJon

this is the way. #TrustinJon
Exactly. Plus, you’re not going to get a sexier coach.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom