Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke-Florida State prediction thread

Would you walk Amile in Duke's shoes?

• Duke by > 20

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Duke by 11-20

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Duke by 6-10

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Duke by 1-5

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • FSU by 1-5

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • FSU by 6-10

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • FSU by 11-20

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • FSU by 21-30

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • FSU by > 30

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rome8180

Legend
[Insert interesting comment here by someone who still cares about this season]

As bad as we are at this collectively, this is shaping up well for Duke.

I thought I might be an outlier picking Duke to lose in the 11-20 pt range. Glad to see most of us are all on the same page about this team.

Argh. This game would be winnable if we had Amile and if Grayson didn't get tossed in the first 10 minutes.

I think we have to be willing to go ultra small here. Not for the whole game as that would be suicide, but in key stretches. Isaac on Tatum good, Isaac on Giles probably bad unless Harry makes a real leap.

FSU by 30 it is, based on picks so far.

Capel doesn't seem as into small ball as K, so we'll see about that.

This starts a brutal four-game stretch for FSU, so obviously FSU wins this one before losing the next three.

Looking at the college basketball schedule for Tuesday night, this game has a good chance of being overshadowed by other more easily accessible games, which means Duke may be able to sweep the loss under the rug.

7:00
Kentucky (-11) at Vanderbilt
Xavier at Villanova (-7.5)

9:00
Kansas (-9) at Oklahoma
Florida (-5) at Alabama

Maybe few people will notice Duke getting blown out.

You forgot #1 Baylor at West Virginia (-6)

It's crazy that of all the top 15 match-ups on at 7:00 or 8:00 (#15 Xavier at #3 Nova, #1 Baylor at #10 WVU, #7 Duke at #9 FSU), ESPN goes with #6 UK at Vandy. I know the Big East game is stuck with FOX, but why put the Baylor game on ESPN2 and the Duke game on streaming behind a bad UK game? Are UK's ratings that much better?

Yeah, the Baylor game was what made me start thinking about this. Just forgot to put it in the post. As I finished with Florida at Alabama, I wondered why I was writing the post in the first place. Very Alzheimer's.

I doubt it. The possibility of Duke losing is one of the most exciting spectacles in basketball.

You would think, Rome. Guessing they didn't expect FSU to be good when they locked these in, and contractually they can't change it now.

We really need the Baylor or Nova game to go into a few OTs since they start - and should end - an hour before Duke's game.

With how many fouls occur in FSU games and how many fights Grayson may get into during the game (e.g., with opposing players, opposing coaches, FSU fans, Duke teammates, Duke coaches, announcers and cheerleaders), I think there is very little chance any 7pm game carries into the 2nd half of the Duke game. There is no Amile to make opposing players be more friendly with Duke and look beyond the awful person at point guard. Perhaps that's the greatest value we're losing.

physicsfactor said:
You would think, Rome. Guessing they didn't expect FSU to be good when they locked these in, and contractually they can't change it now.

(UK-Vandy announcer) "Well folks, we seem to be having some technical difficulties. I'm sure our technicians will get it sorted out quickly. In the meantime, we're switching you over to Duke-Florida State, where the Seminoles are putting on a show for the hometown fans! Here're Jay Bilas and Jay Williams with your play-by-play..."

I'm sure stating the obvious, but this is the obvious Grayson Allen feels like he needs to carry the team to victory game that will finish his career.

Florida native-check
Duke's most important player out-check
Head coach out-check

Too much at stake for Allen not to try and carry the team on his back. He will either have a career high as Duke squeaks by, or he will have Kentucky redux while being arrested for attempted murder by tripping.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom