Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke-Florida State prediction thread

Would you walk Amile in Duke's shoes?

• Duke by > 20

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Duke by 11-20

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Duke by 6-10

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Duke by 1-5

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • FSU by 1-5

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • FSU by 6-10

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • FSU by 11-20

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • FSU by 21-30

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • FSU by > 30

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
rhfarmer said:
I'm sure stating the obvious, but this is the obvious Grayson Allen feels like he needs to carry the team to victory game that will finish his career.

Florida native-check
Duke's most important player out-check
Head coach out-check

Too much at stake for Allen not to try and carry the team on his back. He will either have a career high as Duke squeaks by, or he will have Kentucky redux while being arrested for attempted murder by tripping.

First road game since coming off that indefinite suspension, too.

For some reason I think someone will hit a ton of threes ala Andre Dawkins in one of the five good games he had in his career.

Yes, this feels like a Grayson Allen game. I think people forget how good he actually is. He's like a less stable James Harden who is hated by everyone.

Outstanding transition offense vs our shit transition defense? Recipe for disaster

I think I probably need to go ahead and make some money off this one. Right now I'm feeling like FSU by 10-15 is the most reasonable expectation.

I don't know why I thought this but didn't pick it.

Could have been worse!

If Duke wins tonight I feel like it'll purely be because it's the result that makes the least sense, and that's the theme to this season so far.

If Duke wins tonight then it will be because Grayson wasn't caught in a leg move similar to Kareem Abdul Jabbar going up against Bruce Lee.

Spent most of the morning at work trying to figure out the last time I was as certain of an impending loss as I am today. I'm not sure I even felt as convinced about any game last season.

@Miami was the most certain of a loss I've been in a long time. I didn't bother to watch or even follow the score.

Line has settled back in at 1.5 in favor of FSU.

I guess it will come down to the final possessions, where Kennard will be switched onto Bacon to stop his drives, and Bolden will be posting up for hook shots with Giles and Jeter having fouled out long ago.

One day I'll get a handle on the right level of pessimism about this team.

Ah yeah! Didn't bother to watch or even check the score until I knew it was over. This night was a success.

physicsfactor said:
Ah yeah! Didn't bother to watch or even check the score until I knew it was over. This night was a success.

Same here. I knew how this game was going to go. It appears it happened exactly as I expected.

I'm thinking people don't embrace their pessimism deeply enough. It's more like a defense mechanism than actual pessimism. If you start from a foundation of actual pessimism, it works a lot better.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom