Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke-forum Death Pool 2013 - bfactor leads

sivartrenrag said:
Apparently Prince is dead.

This will be interesting. I was just reading last weekend that he was riding his bicycle around town Saturday and he invited the whole town to a dance party at his house.

Still one of the most epic performances I've ever seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince is one of my favorite artists, no doubt about it. I grew up on his music. My wife and I saw him in 2011, and he was amazing - we danced for the whole 2.5 hour show. So much fun.

I think he is the most talented musician ever to have such a successful pop career. Amazing guitar player, terrific composer, overall talented writer. He had obvious elements of James Brown, Little Richard, Sly Stone George Clinton (and others) in his music, but he never ripped any of these people off. He created his own thing, and for the most part was ahead of the pop music curve. Took a lot of nerve to make Warner feature him in a movie, but he pulled it off; regardless of what you think of the quality of the Purple Rain film, it made money and made Prince far more famous.

I am not bothered by the weird shit he did (other than his concert performances, he was not known to be very fan friendly, had weird attitudes towards the internet, and the "symbol" period was a bit much), he was such a brilliant talent. I cannot believe he is dead, 57 is too young; I thought he would be a guy playing in jazz bands into his 70s.

RIP.

deepdarkblue said:
sivartrenrag said:
Apparently Prince is dead.

This will be interesting. I was just reading last weekend that he was riding his bicycle around town Saturday and he invited the whole town to a dance party at his house.

Friend of mine saw him last week in ATL after he had to reschedule for being sick.

My 8-year old's favorite song is 'Starfish and Coffee'. My 13-year old couldn't stop singing 'Raspberry Beret' last summer. And neither has any real idea who the dude was. If you haven't seen his live performance of 'Crimson and Clover' on the Ellen Degeneres show, Google it. It is insane.

Can't think of a more naturally virtuosic performer. This sucks.

Some rumors floating around the internet as to what it was. Prince was a Jehovah's Witness. He may have been convinced by even more fanatical friends to come off of HIV medication he'd been on since the '90s. That would make sense, since a 57-year-old man doesn't just die of the flu.

I'll be interested to see if we ever learn the full story.

No. As I said, these are just internet rumors. IMO, something had to have severely weakened his immune system. There was not just the concert he cancelled, but there was another time when his plane had to emergency land because he was feeling ill. He went to the hospital briefly.

The Jehovah's Witness thing is fact, however.

There are also prescription drug abuse rumors, though that wouldn't necessarily rule out anything above.

Right, but that has also been linked to abuse of painkillers. Though of course it wouldn't make any sense to come off lifesaving medication for religious reasons but continue popping pills.

I imagine there's a limited amount we'll learn unless someone is willing to violate doctor-patient privilege. There will be an autopsy however.

Jehovah's Witnesses take meds though. They just don't want your blood.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom