Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke News Article/Publicity Thread

Yeah, I would be fired on day 1 for the way I would answer questions:

Q: Why isn't Jordan Tucker playing?
A: Because Coach K never plays depth

Q: Why isn't Duke's defense good?
A: Because Coach K is incompetent at coaching defense

Q: Are you worried about Duke's lack of depth?
A: Why would I worry about something that never changes?

Jonathan seems like a nice guy. It's like the N&O wanted to hire the least offensive, least likely to create controversy person they could find, with no regard for actual talent.
The woman before him and after Keeley put out very minimal content. Barely tweeted, had nothing of insight either. Jonathan is at least active on social media, but he has no depth or understanding of the game whatsoever.

I know everyone is wondering.

Nah I really do miss the content that early Keeley gave us. She was way better than Morgan and Alexander IMO.

The tweets were dumb, but i'm confused, what's the "racist" part here? Is literally acknowledging someone's ethnicity as a means of describing them racist now? Is he also sexist for describing her sex?

Last edited:
It’s not overtly racist but it is a peculiar call out in this context and probably made them feel uncomfortable. You don’t usually hear the media call out fans as “white fans.” I also didn’t get his jokes.

Also I’m sure his use of the word chick in this environment didn’t help.

I assumed he was alluding to Cheap Trick’s popularity in Japan.

Sort of like Hasselhoff in Germany.

It’s not overtly racist but it is a peculiar call out in this context and probably made them feel uncomfortable. You don’t usually hear the media call out fans as “white fans.” I also didn’t get his jokes.

Also I’m sure his use of the word chick in this environment didn’t help.

This is very true. The only time I can think of that is in the music world where certain artists (Prince and George Clinton come to mind) began to attract a different demographic (more white people) to their concerts, which becomes a talking point in some ways.

I personally think that noting the differences among people does not necessarily mean to create a wall or make people feel alienated. At the same time, I am not an arbiter of what should be accepted by other folks, nor do I want to lose sight of things that may make people uncomfortable/singled out.

He also said he hasn't been that close to an Asian since he slid out of his Korean mother's womb. He's not Korean.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom