Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke News Article/Publicity Thread

The tweets were dumb, but i'm confused, what's the "racist" part here? Is literally acknowledging someone's ethnicity as a means of describing them racist now? Is he also sexist for describing her sex?

Most importantly, he hadn't worked for College insider in years and essentially snuck in. Pretty good scam he had going.

Would've gotten more rope from Duke if he had been entertaining. I don't think Kevin Hart would be banned from Cameron if he wanted to write about a Duke game.

More importantly, Cheap Trick was popular in Japan in the fucking 70's. Like 40 years ago. Before K even coached at Duke.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/21842570/dick-enberg-beloved-broadcaster-dies-age-82

I was certainly privileged to attend the best basketball game when Marquette came to Cameron to play Duke in 1977 when they won the national championship the season before beating UNC. Al McGuire and Dick Enberg called the game. When the TV lights came on and Al McGuire made his entrance the Crazies were loud. A banner unravelled from the Cameron rafters that said, "Go To Hell Carolina". Duke won behind Bill Foster's team, Mike Gminski and Gene Banks. My BEST Cameron experience ever.

I think the next generation of college basketball analysis is in good hands. The problem, as always, is anyone who isn’t a moron focuses on the NBA. Just need a critical mass of non-morons to develop so that NBA journalism is saturated with Lowes, and then good people are forced to follow the college game for a living.

I can't articulate why, but for some reason this really rubs me the wrong way.

Anyways, once one of the TDF lawyers around here should probably get around to copyrighting the many dozens of terms we've coined, it shouldn't be long until the revenue those generate allow us all to retire in luxury.

When did Keeley do this?

_65XLQTU_400x400.jpg

People might prefer to watch a game with more diversity in scoring, but for one of the most mainstream basketball reporters to say more midrange would lead to higher scores is dumbfounding. This is a primarily an NBA guy. His job is to cover the Warriors, Rockets, Cavs, Raptors. Incredible.

People might prefer to watch a game with more diversity in scoring, but for one of the most mainstream basketball reporters to say more midrange would lead to higher scores is dumbfounding. This is a primarily an NBA guy. His job is to cover the Warriors, Rockets, Cavs, Raptors. Incredible.

He must hate his job. Probably spends his free time watching 1985 Chicago Bulls videos while drinking cheap whiskey and mumbling angrily.

Doesn't Broussard also hate The Gays and believe they are an affront to The Lord? Exactly the kind of person I would expect to long for the days of the Pure mid-range jumper.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom