Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

Quade Green is winning vs Tremont Waters. Waters can't guard a chair.

Deng Gak is still a project, but he's a very smart player when he's on the court. He has the mental game, his body just needs to catch up.

I would almost be willing to take PSA Cardinals starting 5 for a recruiting class.

Gak has been paying attention to Bamba - just crushed some little guy who tried to drive on him.

Green is taking 3s and looks very good doing it. This is the best game I've watched this summer.

If we don't get Mo Bamba, I'll be disappointed.

If we don't get Quade Green, I'll be devastated.

Fortunately we'll land Green. Slater has pretty much confirmed that Waters isn't a take right now despite what's been put out there.

He was Bobby Hurley + Quinn Cook + Tyler Thornton

Tremont Waters was a 5'8" Bad Rasheed Sulaimon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bamba is the ultimate Calipari #1 pick big man. Davis's measurables but better, with Towns's fundamentals and skill but better. Kentucky will be tough to beat that season no matter whom K gets to counter Bamba, Sexton and their returners.

Carter started out strong but faded fast. Ayton kicked his ass for most of the game. Ayton vs Bamba will be the next must-see game.

I doubt if Ayton ever plays a game of college basketball.

Carter has really disappointed this tournament. I don't know what's with him. The last time he went up against Ayton he got 30 to Ayton's 19.

Actually, Carter's stats were better than Bamba's. Same field goal percentage, same number of blocks, more rebounds. Ayton did go off though.

Also, Carter doesn't seem to be able to make FTs anymore. When I watched him earlier this year and last summer he was going like 10-11 from the line. Lately it's 2-5, 4-8.

Carter probably has some nagging, chronic injury that will follow him through college. In other words, a prototypical Duke player.

Re: Quade Green, would like to ensure UK is out of the picture, so would be good with Trae Young committing there as soon as possible. Keeping Green away from UK also seems helpful from a Bamba perspective. Other big competitors seem to be Cuse and Nova.

Boeheim has announced he is retiring in Spring 2018, so unless Green really sees himself as an OAD, which could be tough given his height (although maybe he does now that he's blowing up?), I would think that weakens them a bit.

Nova seems like it would be an attractive spot for Green especially given he's from Philly.

deepdarkblue said:
8:30 tonight will be Bamba/Green vs John Petty/PJ Washington.

Same time as Ingram vs. Simmons. Tough call: to watch high school basketball on a shitty stream or watch pro ball on ESPN2?

PSA sucking it up. Need them to win so we can watch them in the finals tomorrow on a real TV station.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom