Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

Mohamed Bamba may not play a single minute of college basketball next year. K and Calipari dodged a bullet.

I've just watched the entire facebook video of his brother completely spilling the beans. Mo's handler/bagman sounds like a complete slime ball.

The handler involved in this, is Bamba's "mentor" Greer Love, a venture capitalist Michigan alum:
http://www.huroncapital.com/team/huron-management/deal-execution/g-greer-love-vice-president

He's the reason Bamba's camp decided to "reach" out to Michigan late in the recruiting process.

Last edited by a moderator:
After seeing Kevin Knox foolishly believe that he's a shooting guard in UK's system, apparently Calipari decided to unleash an ever bigger hook, line and sinker.

Reddish is Kentucky bound.

Topher said:
We've got a shot but it depends on the salary cap for this year. Duke probably only gets Bagley OR Reddish.

Damnit.

In that case, give me Bagley and then get Barrett.

Indeed. Apparently the Duke staff were quite open with Cole about possible challenges for playing time early on; I wonder how much that played a role in this decision. I would respect the coaching staff if they are that up front/honest with these kids.

Great opportunity for CS at a good Villanova program.

According to twitter, Semi Shitty destroyed Bol Bol's team last night. Also, Tre Jones is an Iron Man.

DurhamSon said:

I believe in the clutch gene.

Supposedly he took a shot to the face earlier in the game and was out for a while, then came back. No one in a Duke jersey is capable of doing something like that.

“They text me all the time, coach [Jon] Scheyer, coach Capel. They said most of the freshmen this year should be going to the draft next year so they really need an intelligent class that’s going to come in and protect the ball and do what they need to do to win.”

Freshmen: Wendell Carter, Trevon Duval, Jordan Goldwire, Alex O'Connell, Gary Trent, Jordan Tucker. "Most" = more than 50%. Gary Trent is definitely being viewed as OAD by the staff.

Garland says he’d like to play with Jones in college, and the two could theoretically complement each other with Garland as more of a combination guard.

“I mean, it’s a lot of us who are trying to make a package deal out of each other,” Garland said.

“Cameron Reddish, Tre Jones, me and Marvin, we played together a few years back so we’ve been talking about it. Me and Romeo [Langford] have a really good connection, so I’m trying to get him over with me, too. Wherever I go, I want him to come with me.”

PG Tre Jones / Goldwire
SG Darius Garland / O'Connell
SF Romeo Langford / Tucker / White
PF Cameron Reddish / DeLaurier
C Marvin Bagley / Vrankovic / Bolden

Good enough to get to the 2nd round, IMO.

I'm not sure we'll have the cap space to get them all. If we do, K is giving no fucks about the NCAA coming for him in last years.

Bolden would never play if that happened. We'd be looking at something like Duval/Allen/Trent/Bagley/Carter.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom