Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

I think the best reference here is 2001 post-Boozer.

In that case, actually, Casey Sanders got the nominal starting job (and Duhon switched into Nate's starting spot), but Sanders only played about 12-15 mpg as Duke relied heavily on the Williams-Duhon-James-Dunleavy-Battier lineup.

I want Steward out there, regardless. If that lineups involves Mark Williams, that's fine. If not, that's also fine.

Learned today that Jalen Johnson has a younger brother who plays PG for Nicolet. I'm surprised he's unranked. He's supposedly averaging 20 ppg for them, per a recent article. I wonder if he'd want to come to Duke and play the Goldwire role? I expect him to garner some national attention if his scoring keeps up.

McDAA rosters are out.

Steward, Roach, and Williams all made it for Duke.
4 UNC guys in (Love, Kessler, Sharpe, Davis).
Scottie Barnes (FSU) is the only other ACC guy.
Boston and Clarke are the two Kentucky recruits.
Wojo's most recent commit from his good three-man class, Dawson Garcia, also made it.

Last edited:
I"m assuming the only reason Jalen Johnson didn't make it is because he's not playing, otherwise we would've had 4.

Sure, but it's in the McDAA bylaws that you have to have played in at least 50% of your team's games this season.

If we add Baldwin to Griffin it would be difficult to not have a great 2021 class. I would imagine we would quickly add a big guy and a guard that are good prospects.

Learned today that Jalen Johnson has a younger brother who plays PG for Nicolet. I'm surprised he's unranked. He's supposedly averaging 20 ppg for them, per a recent article. I wonder if he'd want to come to Duke and play the Goldwire role? I expect him to garner some national attention if his scoring keeps up.

This makes Kobe Bryant's death even more sad.

Not really.

Yes it does. He's class of 2021 which I assume means he was born in roughly 2003-2004. Kobe's popularity during this time made him a sports icon and is likely the reason, or a contributing reason, why Jalen Johnson's brother was given the name Kobe.

• Dislike
Reactions: aiw
I get the correlation but this particular isolated incidence of one of our recruit's brothers doesn't make me feel sadder around the Kobe situation.

I feel most sad seeing all the clips and stories of him post-retirement I wasn't aware of and seeing him appear to be a genuinely good dude and father.

I get the correlation but this particular isolated incidence of one of our recruit's brothers doesn't make me feel sadder around the Kobe situation.

I feel most sad seeing all the clips and stories of him post-retirement I wasn't aware of and seeing him appear to be a genuinely good dude and father.

Yes, that can co-exist with also feeling sad that Kobe Bryant inspired so many people that many parents named their child after him without even knowing him personally.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom