Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

Keels basically went off in a game when Duke was scouting a player on the other team. I can't remember the tournament, but it was in DC I believe. Keels had like 34 and was staring down K while he was dominating the game.

I forget where I read it, (maybe here) but doesn't Keels love Duke and wants to commit? Maybe it's someone else.

Box score for Max Christie against Dominican Republic:

24 points
0-1 on 2s
8-10 on 3s
2 rebounds
2 assists
0 turnovers
1 steal
2 blocks
+27

Kennedy Chandler
Keels/Christie
Griffin
Baldwin
Banchero

the perfect recruiting class.

Even if Banchero goes to Washington, that's not a bad scenario. Infinitely better than him going to UNC or UK.

More guards, fewer forwards. There's a way to have room for both, but it means going smaller at the other positions, with Coleman and Williams as the only "bigs" other than guys like Griffin and Baldwin who play a lot of nominal "4" (or "5" in Pat's case). Keels at 6'5" 210 then would see time mainly with two other guards.

In an ideal world, the 2021 roster would look like this:

Kennedy Chandler
Trevor Keels or Max Christie
AJ Griffin/Jaemyn Brakefield
Patrick Baldwin/Henry Coleman
Paolo Banchero/Mark Williams

Again, ideally, Wendell Moore returns for his sophomore season and improves enough to be a first round pick. Roach and Steward both good enough to go one and done. If Roach and Steward are legit good and top 20 picks, and Moore improves enough, then that team will wind up being very good. Three first round picks 1-3 and then Jalen Johnson in the lottery at the 4. No one thinks highly of next year's team, but if these things happen we'll be blasting K again for underachieving.

Henry Coleman develops a stand still 3 point jumper like JROB has, while he's capable of defending multiple positions and becomes the perfect 3 & D role player.

In that scenario we might have room for both Keels and Christie, to be honest. Or at the very least, one of Keels/Christie while targeting a lower 4-star shooter at the guard position.

See, that still looks less-than-ideal to me, in the same way that we really started playing better in 2014-15 when we subbed Matt Jones in for Amile and moved Justise to the 4.

Other lineup pieces are different, but I think Keels and AJ Griffin can be good analogs for Jones and Winslow in that scenario.

See, that still looks less-than-ideal to me, in the same way that we really started playing better in 2014-15 when we subbed Matt Jones in for Amile and moved Justise to the 4.

Other lineup pieces are different, but I think Keels and AJ Griffin can be good analogs for Jones and Winslow in that scenario.

My line-up was:

Chandler-Keels or Christie-Griffin-Baldwin-Banchero

Which line-up would you prefer?

G Chandler (or Roach with Chandler as primary backup at 1 and 2)
G Christie
G Keels
F Griffin
F Baldwin

as our "best 5" lineup. No Banchero. Williams and Coleman both getting time as bigs, one maybe as a part-time starter.

G Chandler (or Roach with Chandler as primary backup at 1 and 2)
G Christie
G Keels
F Griffin
F Baldwin

as our "best 5" lineup. No Banchero. Williams and Coleman both getting time as bigs, one maybe as a part-time starter.

Why don't you want Banchero? He's a very skilled player that can play on the perimeter as well as inside. He's a perfect addition to the rest of the class. It would be 5 guys who can dribble, shoot, pass and probably switch almost everything defensively. On 154 attempts over the summer he averaged 77% from the FT line. He averaged 11 rebounds per game, and 4 assists per game.

The guy is a complete beast and I don't think he is what everyone thinks he is. He's not Okafor, Carey, Bagley, Carter. He's much more skilled on the perimeter than any of them.

A line-up with Griffin, Baldwin, and Banchero in it would be other worldly. Add in on talent and versatility off the bench in Mark Williams, Coleman, and Brakefield as sophomores, and then you add a talented backcourt in Chandler or a sophomore Roach, and Christie or Keels and that team is dynamite.

Everyone on this forum wants the 2018 Villanova team every year at Duke- we're going to get it if we land Baldwin and Banchero.

Agree with Slap.

All the really good scouts love Banchero.

Banchero and Griffin are 1A, 1B in the class- order depending on taste.

Baldwin is a terrific shooter but he's kind of overrated because that's all he does. Rebounding, defense, creation- all kind of iffy.

Max Christie shot 42% from 3 his junior year at Rolling Meadows. 89% FT in AAU.

Patrick Baldwin, Jr. shot 44% from 3 his junior year at Hamilton. 86% on FT.

They are very close friends and Duke leads for both.

It seems we are finally doing our due diligence and putting together a lineup for 2021-22 that can actually do basketball things that aren't based on projection or rippling back muscles.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom