Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

Okay, but he's had plenty of other games where that didn't happen. I'm amazed that top scouts still put so much on one game.

I'm confused about the way Scheyer is recruiting. Right now, Proctor, Mitchell, and Foster are all projected to come back. This is in addition to the players who don't play like Stewart and Power. Roach and Blakes could also come back if they wanted.

But he's recruiting like he expects them all gone besides Foster. Instead of loading up on more freshmen, who will struggle in the ways freshmen do, why not be working on getting these guys to come back? You've said you wanted more continuity. For all their limitations, a junior Proctor and Mitchell are likely to be better than some random freshman guard.

I think Flagg + upperclassmen is a far better recipe for success than what we seem to be going toward.

Evans likely heard Edgecombe was committing to Duke before the game. A lot on Evans’ mind now. Has to figure out where he’s spending his college year.

Evans can be streaky. He has been to 2 Duke games in Durham recently and seems 100% committed. Things could always change but he seems to be locked in.

He’s got a lot of cleaning up to do in his game. He talks a lot, which is fine, but opponents are gonna dig in on that, which tends to lead to him going one on one and taking a handful of difficult shots. He feasts on overmatched opponents.

Seems like it’s going to be VJ to Baylor in the eyes of the writers. Would be cool if they were wrong. But Duke should still have plenty of guards next season. Bring on the Big center!

Yeah, Malauch intrigues me a lot, especially if Reeves isn't gonna stick it out. I'd actually rather just play Flagg at center, but if that isn't going to happen consistently then I like the idea of adding someone with a very different skillset than Ngongba.

If it’s not Malauch we’ve got to land a center in the portal. I want Flagg to be able to play the 4.

We've got Ngongba, Stewart, and possibly Reeves.

And why do you not want a 6'10" guy with elite shot blocking and rebounding to play the 5? What the fuck is wrong with Duke fans with their constant masturbatory fantasies about playing lineups as big as possible? It's getting to the point where I want every big on the roster to get injured so we just play 6'5" guys. Happy to lose every game so I can stop hearing about fucking centers.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom