Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke-UNLV prediction thread

The prodigal Jeter returns?

• Duke by > 30

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Duke by 21-30

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Duke by 16-20

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Duke by 11-15

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Duke by 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UNLV by 1-10

• UNLV by > 10

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Poll closes very early Saturday (late Friday night), so please try to get your votes in on time.

On another note, here are the latest standings. It's a heated race so far.

[ben][/ben]

Increased the degree of difficulty with the smaller increments.

Sounds like it'll be a packed house on Saturday.

I'm going full homer, probably for the rest of the season - or until the next vaguely described injury.

TS9 said:
Increased the degree of difficulty with the smaller increments.

Sounds like it'll be a packed house on Saturday.

I try to do smaller increments in the area of the expected spread. I don't have the spread for this game yet, but I am reasonably confident it will be between 11 and 20 points based on the teams' Kenpom ratings. Maybe I set it too low and Duke will be favored by more than 20?

The rationale for this is so that one range doesn't have a much higher value as a pick than others. If, for example, the line was Duke -15 and I had a range of 11-20, then everyone should just pick that.

deepdarkblue said:
I'm going full homer, probably for the rest of the season - or until the next vaguely described injury.

You probably get the most value for your pick that way. I mean, 30 to infinity is a much wider range than 16-20.

I just squeaked in hopefully. I still don't know where or how on Sagarin I am supposed to get these predictive numbers, despite you explaining it to me.

Edit: It would help if I had read the text at the top. I get it now.

I suspect Duke is actually better than their rating, due to the inclusion of new talent. Probably should have split up the 21-30 instead. Oh well.

I'm sort of operating under the assumption that K will give the freshmen as many minutes (and shots) as they can handle at this point.

Current team in a blowout ensuring that he will be able to play right away for his future team

K will play Jeter 15+ minutes, to insure that UNLV sees first hand how truly awful he can be.

I will not fuck up the point ranges in the future. Sorry to anyone who voted 16-20 or 11-15, including myself.

What happened to Vegas? Why are they so terrible? It looks like they are also playing a bunch of seniors and juniors, so it's not like they're building towards something. Those guys will all be gone by the time Chase is eligible to play there.

Line has moved to 22.5.

Allen near 100%? K angry over Brey comments? Tatum making tons of 3s in practice? Just irrational hype for a near fully formed Duke, probably.

UNLV is a mess on paper. There is nothing I can point to as an outstanding trait for the team.

Duke removed Derryck Thornton and Chase Jeter from the state's talent pool, and UNLV still couldn't muster a decent lineup. Disgusting.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom