Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke vs Davidson (at Charlotte) - Jan 2, 7:00pm ESPN2

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
010709curry.jpg

Davidson has a 7-5 record after playing the 46th toughest schedule.

Kenpom ratings:
#73 overall
#28 offense
#176 defense
#185 tempo

Notable results:
Won at #83 Richmond by 6
Lost at #39 New Mexico by 5
Lost at #305 Wisconsin Milwaukee by 5

Notable team rankings:
#4 FT% (they make their free throws)
#24 3PT% (they make their 3s)
#240 opponent FTA/FGA (they foul a lot)
#265 offensive rebounding% (they don't get offensive rebounds)
#290 block% (they don't block shots)

Starters:
PG Nik Cochran, 6-3 188, senior
SG JP Kuhlman, 6-4 195, senior
SF Chris Czerapowicz, 6-7 200, junior
PF De'Mon Brooks, 6-7 227, junior
C Jake Cohen, 6-10 235, senior

Bench:
G Tyler Kalinoski, 6-4 172, sophomore
F Clint Mann, 6-7 229, senior
G Tom Droney, 6-6 200, junior

Best players:
De'Mon Brooks: 15.2 pts, 6.3 reb, 1.3 stl, 48.9% fg, 40.0% 3pt, 84.0% ft, 29.7% Usg, 107.3 ORtg, 0.3 ast/to
Jake Cohen: 12.8 pts, 5.3 reb, 1.5 blk, 44.9% fg, 33.3% 3pt, 81.0% ft, 25.7% Usg, 110.4 ORtg, 54.2% FTRate

Davidson is about as good as Florida State and would finish anywhere from 5th-9th in the ACC. Like last year's Duke team, they don't rely on just one designated point guard to run the offense - their guards are there to get the ball to Brooks and Cohen. With only one guy in their rotation taller than 6-7, Mason should have a great game - Cohen should be playing soft defense to stay on the court. On paper, this should be a good matchup for Duke defensively, since Duke doesn't like to give up 3s or FTs (top 50 in both 3ptA and FTA allowed per FGA allowed) and Davidson's greatest strengths are 3pt shooting and FT shooting.

Any team that has a player named Demon worries me. Just years of Christian anxiety welling up.

Good test - Duke has to start out strong wednesday night. Little bit worried about their 3 pt shooting

Go Devils.

Need to come out of the gate fast. If amile doesn't start he's transferring

Bilas is the commentator tonight. Should be lots of flopping allegations and Reggie Bullock discussion.

Line is 12.5. Much lower than expected based on Sagarin and I'm assuming Kenpom as well. I guess Duke could be bored and coasting after one month of crazy games was followed by one month of blah games.

I expect Davidson to shoot well tonight and keep this a game. A ten point win that isnt sealed until under 3 mins left sounds right.

I agree with that. Similar to the last time we played them there (although they had the Curry in that game)

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Bilas is the commentator tonight. Should be lots of flopping allegations and Reggie Bullock discussion.

Line is 12.5. Much lower than expected based on Sagarin and I'm assuming Kenpom as well. I guess Duke could be bored and coasting after one month of crazy games was followed by one month of blah games.

KenPom has us by 17.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

KenPom has us by 17.

Drinking beer at a duke game is strange.

Maybe it won't happen tonight, but I feel like our last few performances have been leading up to a loss.

Curry with the worst shot of his career, an airball wide open corner 3. Kelly with an alleyoop pass that almost goes over the backboard. Mason with a dribble out of bounds.

Best offense in the country.

2 offensive rebounds on 1 possession for Davidson with Cohen out of the game, leads to an open 3. Dominating Duke on the boards with no one taller than 6'7" in the game.

The players don't care about winning this game. K does, though, so maybe that will be enough to get the win.

Curry blows a layup, feeling the pressure like he did at Virginia Tech.

Another offensive rebound from one of the worst offensive rebounding teams in the country. Duke doesn't have the will to box out tonight.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom