Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke vs Davidson (at Charlotte) - Jan 2, 7:00pm ESPN2

Mason did play 33 minutes, but he sure came out frequently. I thought that was more so he could get a talking to, though.

Looked like he was doubled on every play.

I think playing well-coached teams like Davidson always looks bad because the coach typically realizes that to have any chance they have to scrap it up and make it ugly.

From GoDuke:

For the ninth time this season and fourth straight game, Duke held an opponent to fewer than 10 assists. The record for holding opponents to fewer than 10 assists is 17 games, set by the 2009-10 NCAA Championship Duke team. Duke has held opponents to fewer than 10 assists in 10 or more games just eight times in school history.

Also, Duke is 37-1 when Kelly scores in double figures. 8-0 when he leads the team in scoring.

not trending well the last three games. need Sheed to play better. hope this is a fluke.

As I get more removed from the game, I'm starting to feel better about it.

-We played poorly in the first half and even with Mason and Seth not doing anything in the second half, found a way to win by 17.

-Our first shot defense is has been amazing this year and probably the most consistent thing about this team (I would have said Mason prior to this game), it's just the inconsistent rebounding effort that hurts us (evident in the first half), but I think we limited the opposing team to less than 10 assists for the fourth straight time and ninth time this season.

-Our second half defense was amazingly good.

-Quinn was a joy to watch in stall ball. Also I'm not 100% positive, but I think the only real run they had was when Quinn went to the bench with his third foul for a short stretch in the middle of the half. Once he came back in we grew the lead again. I think when he plays well, it can help alleviate poor games from the other players. He just needs to do it for the full game, thus far he's been more of a second half player.

FSU at Cameron last year. But Kelly only had 10 on just 3-9 shooting.

bdotling said:
Quinn was a joy to watch in stall ball...he's been more of a second half player.
For that matter, we seem to be more of a second half team so far, too. I like what that says about our maturity, intelligence, and halftime adjustments.

So doubling us in the low block every time we get the ball there drags us down to 1.06 PPP. Worth noting I guess. I suspect the next team to try it won't have as much success.

Also, I'm not arguing that last night was pretty or anything like that, but there's a good chance that in 2 months' time, some 3 or 4 seed will be a 7-8 point favorite over Davidson, and will be fortunate to cover that.

Something else I liked: Seth seemed to be pushing early, putting up quick shots on our first two possessions. It was easy to fall for a narrative that he was trying to do too much for his hometown crowd. Then in the second half, he had 3 assists (to lead the team), at least a couple of which occurred when he very well could have put the ball up himself. That showed me he was still looking for the team's best shot, not just his own. That kind of maturity and selflessness was something that seemed to be missing last season.

From everything I heard throughout his recruitment and last year, there should be zero expectations of MP3 ever becoming a player. These same guys that I listen to nailed both Miles and Mason's career arch. They described Marshall as "putrid". He may develop into a serviceable guy as an upperclassman, but my guess is that he is never a strong rotaton player.

Just my .02

Serviceable big man as a third year player is all we need from him. In his fourth year he'll only be needed for about 10 mpg.

I wouldn't describe a career block percentage of 30.8 and career offensive rebounding percentage of 40.9 as "putrid".

DrKlahn said:
I wouldn't describe a career block percentage of 30.8 and career offensive rebounding percentage of 40.9 as "putrid".

You just won duke-forum.com

Charlotte Observer has an article titled "Duke loses rebounding battle" and another piece about the game that somehow mentions Lehigh six times. It also contains the phrase: "That was the last game the Blue Devils lost that counted."

WTF? Did we lose a game since then that didn't count? Some super-secret exhibition?

F*** the Charlotte Observer, how dumb can you come off in an article?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom