Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Women's Basketball

Re: Duke Women's Basketball 2012-2013

rome8180 said:
Eh, Duke should consider themselves lucky to replace a coach that can lead a team to consistent top 5 rankings with another coach that is doing the same. IMO, people who complain about McCallie are a bunch of ingrate crybabies and have no understanding of the basic facts: there is a giant schism between the 2-3 title contenders and every other program. Suck it up. Deal with it.
I think there are some valid criticisms of Coach McCallie's Duke teams. The biggest (and the one that I agree with) is that the offense stagnates especially in big games.

I don't know if others watched the game but to start the second half Duke missed a number of chances close to the bucket. If Duke converts some of those to start the second half, then UConn doesn't run away with it in the first 5-7 minutes.

But Coach McCallie has won the ACC regular season 3 straight seasons and taken Duke to 3 consecutive Elite Eights. The closest opportunity at a Final Four was in 2010 against Baylor. She has done well and is just on the cusp of being a national championship contender.

I think she has a Final Four caliber team this year. But I don't think that Duke can win it all if she has to coach through a Final Four against some combination of Stanford, Baylor, Connecticut, Notre Dame.

I just don't see a difference between these teams and the fabled Coach G teams that everyone looks back on so fondly. There was a still a vast chasm between them and the very best. They were still both very, very good coaches who recruited at a high level.

Replacing one coach of that caliber with another is uncommon in any sport. Duke women's basketball fans should appreciate that stroke of luck.

A pinch of salt in the Duke basketball wound this season:

The women's basketball season is over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Also, Cameron dead silent because all spectators were napping.

Yeah, they clinched the ACC regular season last night.
Women's basketball, putting the fun back in fundamentals!

The bad news: they lost an AA caliber player.
The good news: they have 2 talented backups.

Missed opportunity by the networks. Today's huge matchup should have been scheduled in Dunkuary.

Duke women have fought back from 13 down at the half to take the lead late in their 2 vs 7 matchup.

UNC women have blown a lead against Delaware in their 3 vs 6. Della Donne has 27.

I watched the 2nd half. (Don't hate. My wife is gone, and I'm caught up on all of my shows.) It was an exciting comeback, but I could never get into women's hoops on a regular basis.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Duke women have fought back from 13 down at the half to take the lead late in their 2 vs 7 matchup.

UNC women have blown a lead against Delaware in their 3 vs 6. Della Donne has 27.
I don't know if anyone here besides me has seen her play but I think of her as the female version of Doug McDermott in skills and playing style.

#2 seed Duke leading #1 seed Notre Dame 37-31 at the half.

Coach McCallie is looking to reach her first Final Four after 3 previous consecutive Elite 8s.

Yay...

Boy am I into this!

Go, Team, go...

I watched the first half. Diggins picked up 2 early fouls, and Duke eventually jumped out to a 9 point lead. Diggins finally came back in and made three 3s before Duke came out of their zone. Huge 3 by Wells to end the half with Duke up 6.

Don't think I'll watch the 2nd half, though.

*Btw, Diggins is really attractive for a female athlete*

Who?

(obviously, I'm not a true Duke fan?)

Skylar Diggins is beautiful. There's still something awesome about the amazon Delle Donne, though.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom