Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Eternal Feats of Strength Thread

I saw that. Fucking hilarious and an accurate account of my experience.

Bowled a 277 tonight. 8-spare in the 6th frame, XX9 in the 10th, everything else strikes. Probably the closest I'll ever get to a perfect game.

I'm going to assume you are just naturally gifted at bowling because I harshly judge anyone who bowls enough to get that good at it.

Judge away... I was in a league in high school and started back up a couple months ago after almost 15 years. So I bowl once a week now.

Nice job, DukeNuke.

I am a lousy bowler myself, but I am pretty happy that our 6 year old daughter has taken to bumper bowling. Good times.

physicsfactor said:
Do you own your own ball/bag/shoes? Do you wear a wrist protector?
I have worn a wrist guard before, but not in many, many years.

Ball/bag/shoes is a no brainer if you join a league. House balls aren't reactive and won't hook. Different brands have different cores that affect the hook.

My average was around 170 when I bought a new ball a month ago. Averaging 200+ with the new ball right now (hope it lasts, will probably even out around 180s). I got an expensive ball. My old ball (~14yo ball) was nice once upon a time, but it was cracking and my fingers changed.

I've had my bowling shoes for over 15 years. I spent maybe $20 on them. That pays for itself fast. I should by new ones though since they're rather worn out.

Did the Cooper River Bridge Run today. 40,000 people in a 10K race is nuts. Running up a giant bridge is also nuts.

aiw said:
Did the Cooper River Bridge Run today. 40,000 people in a 10K race is nuts. Running up a giant bridge is also nuts.

I talk about doing it every year but I never do. My sister in law that does says the crowd is ridiculous trying to go up the bridge. I would probably punch someone.

There was enough space for the most part. A couple times I had to look behind before "switching lanes" to pass someone.

i'm a reluctant runner through spartan races. i hate the running portion though, running just sucks.

Pulled a hamstring in flag football, will likely never run again.

Just threw my back out trying to lift a bag full of demo'd plaster. It hurts to breath.

Been doing a HIT class 3 days a week for about a month. Never knew flutter kicks could take a man down so hard...

Bowled a 643 (222, 242, 179) in our playoffs to take my team to the championship game next week. Hoping to become repeat champs (and win about $450).

I played pickup today to get ready for our basketball season starting sunday. Of course, the day I go to the gym for noon ball, fucking Melvin Scott is there.

I outscored him and then they pushed me off the court for one of their friends.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom