Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Frank Jackson

I'm worried about him being too good. What's keeping him from the first round at this point, if he continues his breakout and leads a little run in the tournament?

I would much rather us just lose our next two games and put a bullet in this year's head than get knocked out in the E8 - or probably even in the F4 - and have Frank leave.

Edit: I should note that, for as much as I obviously hate K, he so consistently does a great job developing perimeter players. Both Jackson are playing at such a high level right now. Tatum, Jackson, Kennard, Allen, Tyus, Winslow, Hood, Cook, Curry, Rivers, Kyrie - he's been on a pretty incredible run.

Then there's Thornton and Matt Jones.

I would prefer a first-round loss where Jackson and Kennard are awful than an Elite Eight run where they look great and up their stock.

We're the only school in the country that has to worry about this shit

Meanwhile it's an article of faith on the UNC fanboards that Joel Berry will be the next honored jersey!!!!!11!!!

K not only cares more about immediate wins within a season than longterm team development, he also apparently doesn't care about the next season. Would rather win one or two more tournament games and lose Jackson than keep Jackson and lose.

I hope Jackson and Kennard both go off in the big dance and perform so well that they both get first round draft picks. Wanting them to perform poorly and us to get beat in the first round just so they are forced to come back? what kind of fan attitude is that?

It's akin to tanking over getting the 8 seed in the NBA playoffs.

If you gave me a choice between a title or having them return, I'd obviously take the title. Probably would take the Final Four too. But an Elite Eight appearance is pretty meaningless.

Frank's freshman stats compared with JWill's freshman stats:

Min/game
Frank 24.5, JWill 34.0

WS/40
Frank .151, JWill .138

TS
Frank 59.6%, JWill 52.4%

2pt/3pt/FT
Frank 53.8%/39.5%/75.3%, JWill 48.0%/35.4%/68.5%

FT rate
Frank 35.5%, JWill 20.8%

3pt rate
Frank 45.4%, JWill 48.2%

Pts/Reb/Ast/Stl per 40
Frank 17.5/4.3/2.6/0.9, JWill 17.0/4.9/7.6/2.8

Ast:TO ratio
Frank 1.3, JWill 1.6

Usage
Frank 14.7 FGA+TO per 40, JWill 19.6 FGA+TO per 40
Frank 20.9%, JWill estimated to be roughly 31%

Not a good comparison. Maybe next year with Allen and Kennard gone.

The assist/40 number really jumps out there. 7.6 to 2.6 is night and day.

edited to add - that steal number is night and day too. with all his scoring it is easy to forget that JWill was such a great defender too. probably better than even the vaunted Matt Jones.

Jay came in as a converted SG though. There is less to suggest that Jackson can make the transition.

There is a lot of stuff floating around about Frank possibly going pro. IMO it makes sense for him to go through the process, get the necessary feedback and come back to Duke for a sophomore season.

torontoduke said:
There is a lot of stuff floating around about Frank possibly going pro. IMO it makes sense for him to go through the process, get the necessary feedback and come back to Duke for a sophomore season.

An apparent "insider" on the Scout forum says Frank and Grayson are returning.

TIFWIW

Actually, Frank and someone names G.A. Joe are returning according to JayLow

The good news is he probably got his "info" from some more reputable source elsewhere on the internet.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom