Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Frank Jackson

So who else would we be in competition now for the nation's best backcourt? We can at least check off that box on the "good enough to win a title" score card.

Other good ones:

Kansas- Former top recruit and redshirt soph Malik Newman/ Sr. Devontae Graham
Arizona- Sr. Jackson-Cartwright/Jr. Trier
Louisville if they return Donovan Mitchell (testing waters), with Snider and VJ King
Villanova- Jr Brunson (126 O rating)/ So. Divencenzo

I would think if Berry comes back Pinson moves back into a true 3 role especially with Felton coming in and Kenny Williams back. They are going to be dangerous if they get Berry and Bradley back. If I were Berry, I'd probably come back only if Bradley does. Otherwise he's stuck as a great player on kind of a meh team.

Don't see how you could start Berry and Felton, too small, especially for Roy.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
I would think if Berry comes back Pinson moves back into a true 3 role especially with Felton coming in and Kenny Williams back. They are going to be dangerous if they get Berry and Bradley back. If I were Berry, I'd probably come back only if Bradley does. Otherwise he's stuck as a great player on kind of a meh team.

Maybe worse than "meh." That frontcourt would be the worst Roy has ever had, and we know how much his system relies on his frontcourt.

rome8180 said:
StopThePumpFakesShav said:

Maybe worse than "meh." That frontcourt would be the worst Roy has ever had, and we know how much his system relies on his frontcourt.

Yeah they went to the NIT with a Zeller/Thompson/Davis/Henson frontcourt, and they would look like Olajuwan/Robinson/Shaq/Ewing compared to whatever the hell they would have to put out there without Bradley.

Remember the two years when McAdoo was their best frontcourt player? Even when they had NBA talent at guard. I miss those days

MrAntHux said:

Do you all really feel hes gonna stay in the draft? I dont feel good about this...

Last edited by a moderator:
It certainly makes sense for him to go through the process - but damn, this would be a massive loss.

Have no idea what will happen but if he is promised a 1st round selection maybe he goes. I thought he was waiting for a lottery selection?

I just looked at every mock draft I could find online, and Jackson does not appear in the first round of any of them. In addition, he does not appear in the second round of any of them that went that far.

Yeah - I checked the D-X throughout the season and never saw Frank's name in either round. There is banter about people being 'in the Jackson family's ear' about signing with an agent which is obviously plausible, but I have no idea if these claims are valid. There is also the factor of FJ possibly wanting to be a full time PG.

Even if Duval signs, that does not preclude from Frank developing PG skills while at Duke. Duval is not going to play all 40 minutes (is he?) and therefore there will be opportunities (a need) for someone else to play the 1.

I'm not liking the Jackson news at all. We could be right back in a Derryck Thornton roster situation, where we only have one PG and that one likes to take terrible shots and turns the ball over a lot.

To me the problem is less having one PG and more having three total guards, two of whom are freshman and have definite flaws.

I do think Duval is quite a bit better than Thornton -- at least as a true distributor.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom