Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Gary Trent Jr.

He sees his son in the 2nd round on some mock drafts and he's trying to hype him up. No big deal in this case for me, although I think surfpenguins sentiment may come true.

I found Gottlieb's comment that he thinks Trent should be in the late lottery more striking.

Yeah, he has all the tools Kennard had
You think so? I thought Kennard had a much better handle and ability to create his own shot, but perhaps Trent would have improved greatly in those areas with another year vs college players.

Yeah, definitely don't agree with that. Kennard had some unreal skills with the ball, and could square up his man 1-on-1 and get a good shot at will. Trent's only real dribble move was to trundle into the lane at a low, steady speed.

I consider Kennard to be craftier for sure. I was thinking more in the 50/40/90 vein in terms of his similar tools, plus better defender and more athletic.

I felt like Kennard was a real battler on the boards though.

Goddamn it Farmer, we will silence your dissenting, courageous, Enlightened voice if it's the last thing we do.

Re Carter, they're spreading these announcements out, at least on different days, to give these guys their own spotlight. Have done it this way since 2014. I would put Carter at 99% gone, because a smart person with good parents doesn't turn this down for all risk and no benefit like Miles Bridges. The 1% is if he's a UNC kid at heart.

Giving Carter the final announcement day makes sense.

1. Bagley--stud, everyone knew anyway
2 Duval-- everyone knew, but his value to the team not as great as the rest
3. Trent -- some speculation he might return, would be very valuable in 2019
4. Carter -- also a stud, sentimental favorite, gets the last bow

5. Bolden - consensus team MVP, will finally be appreciated at SKU.
6. Javin - beginning a new path at Nova towards being their next RS-SR perfect player and All-American
7. O'Connell - fucked every Duke freshman above a 6, matched with a Ga State hottie on Tinder, sent in transfer paperwork while stoned

Re Carter, they're spreading these announcements out, at least on different days, to give these guys their own spotlight. Have done it this way since 2014. I would put Carter at 99% gone, because a smart person with good parents doesn't turn this down for all risk and no benefit like Miles Bridges. The 1% is if he's a UNC kid at heart.

You’re forgetting that this is a kid who almost went to Harvard. He’s obviously a true STUDENT athlete and until we hear otherwise, I’m projecting him in all my future Duke lineups through 2021.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom