Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Grayson Allen

I was not able to watch the game, but the espn page had a link to the 1st dunk, just nasty,

cantpedal said:
Most importantly what will todays performance do to Luke's psyche?

skins wrote:
At this point we have a small sample size and an injury issue, which to me seems like a more reasonable starting point to account for regression rather than making assumptions about Grayson's mental status being affected by Luke's fantastic start.

cantpedal said:
cantpedal said:
Most importantly what will todays performance do to Luke's psyche?

skins wrote:
At this point we have a small sample size and an injury issue, which to me seems like a more reasonable starting point to account for regression rather than making assumptions about Grayson's mental status being affected by Luke's fantastic start.

I knew what you were referring to. Please ignore aiw, he drinks a lot.

I'm pretty sure Luke and Grayson are secretly taking turns on the same girl right now. I expect violence at any time.

I am dating myself, but your post reminds my of the early 90s Dallas Mavericks when J Kidd and Jimmy Jackson were fighting over the same woman (Toni Braxton?)

It will all end in tears.

rhfarmer said:
I'm pretty sure Luke and Grayson are secretly taking turns on the same girl right now. I expect violence at any time.

torontoduke said:
I am dating myself, but your post reminds my of the early 90s Dallas Mavericks when J Kidd and Jimmy Jackson were fighting over the same woman (Toni Braxton?)

It will all end in tears.

rhfarmer said:

I had high hopes for the 3 J's. Sad how it ended.

Technically, he was touched on his foot. Unless, you count that as Allen trying to fly in for a dunk AND trip someone at the same time.

Anyway, it was a terrible call and cost Chase Jeter an offensive rebound and basket.

Allen's UNLV game will be looked back on like Singler's Oregon game as an outlier good performance in an otherwise disappointing injury-plagued season.

Seth "born a millionaire" Curry is tougher than either of those guys.

At least K's righteous post-game rant coming to his player's defense--you know that's coming--will be fun.

rome8180 said:
Allen's UNLV game will be looked back on like Singler's Oregon game as an outlier good performance in an otherwise disappointing injury-plagued season.

Seth "born a millionaire" Curry is tougher than either of those guys.

Wow, I don't think I have ever seen someone question Singler's toughness before.

The second sentence was totally tongue in cheek. Allen is obviously tough as hell too. It's just interesting that Allen and Singler's games were totally hampered by lingering injury while Seth's was not.

Seth's was though. There was a big contrast IIRC between games in which he had a lot of time off in between, and games which involved a quick turnaround.

...Or has that become another duke myth like the Mason-Kyrie connection or Dawkins vs Baylor? I'm too unmotivated to check the box scores but that was the sentiment at the time i'm almost certain.

Oh it definitely was the belief at the time. His point totals from that season show some drops on short turnarounds, but just eyeballing it, it's difficult to see that it was a particularly dramatic trend. I didn't look at his shooting percentages, though, which would probably be the better indicator.

The fact that Seth carried us against Michigan State in the S16, then more or less vanished against Louisville in the E8 is probably what solidified that belief among Duke folks.

I mean, he shot like 43% from three for the season. If he was playing badly on short turnarounds, he must have been god-like on long turnarounds. Not only did his overall numbers not decrease from the year before, they actually improved. Singler and Allen have both seen something like an 8% drop in shooting percentage (from three anyway).

In any case, the proportion of games that Curry was good that year exceeded what Singler was able to do and so far has exceeded what Allen has done. Singler and Allen both had periods of long rest too (though of course the nature of each injury is different).

I would say that the answer lies in the nature of their games, but Singler's game is as different from Allen's as Allen's is from Curry's. The chief similarity I can see is that both Allen and Singler were physical. Maybe there's an effect there. Luke might handle a foot injury better than either of them, for example.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom