Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Grayson Allen

these really never get old. I can't get enough. The problem is spending the time and going down the rabbit hole of clicking on these accounts and finding something to mock.

I’m sure he’ll do something awful late in Duke’s final loss to make me regret this post, but man I want Grayson to go out with a title more than any other Duke player I’ve watched. Even Redick. He has put up with so much shit, and he seems like a genuinely nice person off the court. If he could get away with one final trip and then bury a game-winner in the championship game, I could go out on such an unbelievable high and quit watching sports for good.

IF we somehow win the title and IF Grayson is F4 MOP....does he get his jersey in the rafters? I wanna say no initially, but think there's certainly a case for him.

Allen has also put up with having a revolving roster around him for all four years. No one else in college basketball history has had to pilot a brand new rotation on the court for each of his final three years, except maybe some inconsequential Kentucky backup like Derek Willis. Willis hardly played until his junior year.

IF we somehow win the title and IF Grayson is F4 MOP....does he get his jersey in the rafters? I wanna say no initially, but think there's certainly a case for him.
I'm confident that it's 100% no for Allen. Never made 1st team AA. Never won ACC POY. 1x 1st team ACC.

I’d still go JJ. He put up with quite a bit of shit himself and it was far less earned imo.
I don’t think all of JJ’s ire was unearned. He was a self-admitted cocky asshole in college. Now that doesn’t mean he deserves to be called a “faggot” or have horrible things said about his sister, but he certainly didn’t mind inviting some attention from opposing crowds. Allen, OTOH, does the same chippy shit a bunch of other players do.

He made 2nd team AA. Problem is never making 1st team. The elderly can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think not making 1st team AA at least once and getting the jersey retired would be unprecedented. This seems to be K's red line, and his comments about his criteria have backed it up.

I’m sure he’ll do something awful late in Duke’s final loss to make me regret this post, but man I want Grayson to go out with a title more than any other Duke player I’ve watched. Even Redick. He has put up with so much shit, and he seems like a genuinely nice person off the court. If he could get away with one final trip and then bury a game-winner in the championship game, I could go out on such an unbelievable high and quit watching sports for good.

#subtweet

Still focused on the non-basketball stuff, but IMO a better article than previous ESPN pieces:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...nament-duke-grayson-allen-being-grayson-allen

"If you booed [Redick], he played good," Allen said. "If you booed him louder, he played even better. And if you cussed him and that stuff, he'd walk off the court with a win. I respect the heck out of that, but I've never thrived off the booing. I don't want to talk to the crowd. For me, it was dealing with it in my own way, and I'm still figuring that out."

Players aren't supposed to admit their confidence can be shaken, or that boos and jeers and taunts can rattle them. But that's Allen. He's not comfortable talking to crowds or sitting in front of a horde of cameras. He just wanted to play basketball and win and go home.

Not sure who pieces like that are supposed to be for. Opposing fans will see the writer as a Grayson apologist. Duke fans already like Allen.

I guess there's always that weirdo who is on the fence about him. There were legitimately people who couldn't decide between Trump and Clinton.

He is either stupid or was instructed to launch deep 3's as an attempt to extend Syracuse's zone to open up the interior.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom