Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Grayson Allen

I love Allen but what an atrocious two games to finish his career.

1-Horrible 3 in the first
2-Horrible fast break that cost us an easy 2pts
3-lol bad pass to Carter on that roll

Fuck, that regulation shot was in and out. Should've been Duval taking it though.

I think his decline was caused by two factors: the national backlash received from his trips and being expected to defer to one-and-done freshmen his upperclassman years.

Not a good sign for his pro prospects then, cause if he hopes to make a roster he'll also be deferring to a bunch of superior basketball players.

He's an overseas player or G League stalwart. I'm surprised he's even projected to get drafted after the last two years.

Came an inch away from hitting what would've been the second-biggest shot in program history. Great career. I don't have anything negative to say about him right now. He couldn't hit a shot today, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Reactions: TBC
Came an inch away from hitting what would've been the second-biggest shot in program history. Great career. I don't have anything negative to say about him right now. He couldn't hit a shot today, but that's how it goes sometimes.

That shot bouncing around for an eternity but not dropping is the real gut punch. So close to winning at the buzzer.

Can't hate him because he always gave it his all and won us a title. But 5 for his last 23 3s is an awful way to go out. Maybe don't shoot so many 3s if you aren't making any?

"Great"? Really? Great game against Wisconsin, maybe a great single season sophomore year, but I think too many Duke players performed better over 4 years to define Grayson's career alongside them.

Yeah. Also hit four huge free throws that should have been enough to seal it in regulation if not for Duval being a fucking moron on that last defensive possession.

One thing I never doubted with him is how much he cared/tried/wanted to do good, probably to a damaging/unhealthy extent. Sucks that he couldn't make a shot to save his damn life tonight, but shit happens.

"Great"? Really? Great game against Wisconsin, maybe a great single season sophomore year, but I think too many Duke players performed better over 4 years to define Grayson's career alongside them.
I mean, I guess you could say "very good" if you prefer that. He's obviously not going to have his jersey retired, nor is he in the tier right below the jersey retirees with Scheyer and Singler. I'd put him right below those guys, alongside Quinn and Mason Plumlee. He's unique in that his greatest success was in his first two seasons, but that shouldn't diminish what he accomplished.

Man, I think everyone's aware of his flaws and shortcomings, but it's kind of lame to just shit all over him after his last game as a way of making yourself feel better.

I guess we all have our coping mechanisms for dealing with our bizarre emotional investment in a bunch of teenagers, but it's not a very appealing look.

I'm with Pants. Blame K for that weird 1-3-1 press, for not fouling at the end, and for failing to call good plays down the stretch. He makes a shit ton of money, and Grayson came back to school against his own self-interest to get shit on by everyone in America for two years. He's been an intensely frustrating player the last two seasons but he gave us everything he had.

I hate this for him. I wanted that last shot of regulation to fall so fucking bad. Sure his last couple of seasons were bizarre and frustrating, but he gave us a national championship. Can’t help but love a guy for that. Doesn’t matter if it was his freshman year instead of his senior year.

Probably has a long and decent career in Europe if he wants to keep playing basketball. He should not stay in America. He’s a white 6-5 pro-level athlete. He should easily find happiness away from here.

Grayson's season was as frustrating as it gets, and I ranted about him a lot, but he doesn't deserve the blame tonight. He wasn't good by any means, but his FTs and near-miss in regulation damn near won this for us.

We lost because Kansas executed its strengths better and because our major advantage in the post was largely negated by factors both within and beyond our control. Plus this was not one of K's finer moments.

Grayson gave Duke four years of pretty incredible effort and commitment while fighting through piles and piles of horseshit most of us can't even fathom. Obviously some of that was his own doing, but a lot was not. So I dunno, I don't feel like tonight's the night to shit on him further.

Laettner already owns 1 and 2.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom