Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Happy Holidays

I'm just hoping that a bunch of the Duke students won't be back yet. Will make my workday significantly easier.

So many firetrucks went by my house last night. If I were a firefighter, I'd be so pissed off at these idiots causing massive amounts of damage in order to make loud noises.

Last edited:
I live on probably the most popular street for trick-or-treating in Durham. I'm not sure how crazy it will be with the weather tonight. But I didn't buy any candy. I thought about it, but I'm not willing to go to the door over and over all night. I know you can put a bowl out for kids to take from, but I don't trust anyone to just take one.

Last year, I had zero lights on and I still got dozens of knocks on my door.

We do the bowl because we go door to door with our kids, and when I look at the doorbell video later, surprisingly most kids only take 2 or 3 like our sign on the candy bowl requests.

Ended up getting the cheapest iPad and Apple Watch this Black Friday/Cyber Monday, which I had no interest in getting for myself or kids previously. Apple just prints money. Resisted the AirPods. Something I noticed was Best Buy has much more stock for these things than Walmart or Target at the same deal prices (Amazon wasn’t participating), which I feel like is a sorta helpful life hack. Does anyone under 30 even know what Best Buy is?

I got another bass guitar pedal because it was only $47 just for today. I'd successfully resisted all Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals until that. It was normally $80, so I felt like I "had" to buy.

Best Buy only exists for me every few years when a computer stops working and I need a new part NOW to fix it, and then it's only because they are still literally the only store in this town that stocks more than three PC parts.

The Best Buy is next to the Walmart. So I always try the Walmart first when I need an adapter or a ink cartridge or something, because if they do have it it will be way cheaper. But they never have what I need.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom