Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Happy Holidays

Damn it. I forgot it was MLK Day. Probably means they didn't pick up the trash. Hopefully the city buses are still running.

It's not racist if we decided to have chicken and waffles for dinner today, right?

I miss Dame's. I never went as often as I like because it was always so damn crowded.

rome8180 said:
I miss Dame's. I never went as often as I like because it was always so damn crowded.
I've never actually been there. Need to make it a point to do so.

I've never eaten chicken and waffles. I've never even seen chicken and waffles. Is the chicken wrapped in a waffle, or are they just served together on the same plate? How is it typically eaten - plain, with syrup, barbeque sauce, or something else?

deepdarkblue said:
I've never eaten chicken and waffles. I've never even seen chicken and waffles. Is the chicken wrapped in a waffle, or are they just served together on the same plate? How is it typically eaten - plain, with syrup, barbeque sauce, or something else?

It's served with orange soda, duh

I eat it with hot sauce and syrup. But it also depends on the options that the particular chicken and waffles place has available. Dame's also has something called "schmears" (I believe), which are spreads of various kinds. Strawberry, chocolate hazlenut, etc. They run the gamut.

The sides at Dame's are also great. Amazing mac 'n cheese. Spicy collards.

I am sure that all sounds weird to the uninitiated. It's delicious. Personally I don't get why someone would get anything but the cutlets though. The wings are just impractical to try to eat with the waffle, unless you eat them separately, which I also can't get behind.

I break everything up and pour syrup over it.

16105798_10154394657477956_4615927976617736104_n.jpg

As a vegan, everything about that photo is appealing to me except the chicken and the waffles.

You, too, dkst.

I didn't have to play this morning, so I was looking forward to enjoying the Easter service. But then my 1 year old's number popped up on the screen, and I had to fetch him from the nursery. I spent the whole sermon walking him around the lobby.

I don't understand what half of that post means. Your one-year-old has a phone number? Play what?

I play drums at church often. When you drop off a kid at our church's nursery, they give your kid a code number that the video/tech guys will put up on the screen in the auditorium if your kid is losing it and you need to go get him/her.

You have now read more than you ever wanted to about church and kids.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom