Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Henry Coleman

Exactly, the NBA. I already don't watch any non-Duke college games because the sport is awful. Replacing 30 Duke games with two hours of jerking off or watching the NBA will only be good for me in the long run.
You’re doing something wrong if it takes you two hours to jerk off

Easy now, Professor - you don't know about my routine. There is a whole process involved.

25 transfers in 40 years seems pretty good
More to the point: how many of those transfers went on to become world-beaters at their new schools ? Not many. Most did diddly-squat.

Heck, I liked Alex O'Connell, but he was playing only like 3 minutes a game at Creighton his past season. If he transferred out hoping to get boatloads of PT, he got ripped off.

It's kind of crazy how we only had one transfer (Beard) between '91 when McCaffrey left and '99 when Burgess did. That stretch included some great seasons and a couple of tough ones, but a lot of dudes that hit struggles of different sorts -- including academics (Price, Newton), slumps (Capel), and not quite living up to expectations (Taymon) all stuck around. Blakeney's one guy that comes to mind that could have easily left after his first couple of years.

Probably a lot easier to gut it out when you might not have the expectation of starting until your senior(!) year for some of those players, if ever. Telling any recruit that in 2021 would get you laughed out of their living room.

A grown man, self reported "journalist" spends time making and updating this:

Plus he totally took that quote out of context. I went to BB camp at Duke K's first year, and he ALWAYS said, 'You could be special.......................but there is a great chance you will suck ass and if so this isn't the program for you'.

Pretty sure it was on the brochures and we all knew what we were getting into. Thankfully, I am very introspective and realized what he meant with respect to my game early on.

It's kind of crazy how we only had one transfer (Beard) between '91 when McCaffrey left and '99 when Burgess did.
Realized I forgot Christian Ast -- he transferred after the '92 title, he's just out of order on this dude's graphic. Chappell and Burgess should be switched, too.

Is this the first departure that wasn’t accompanied by a note from K?

Also, it's kind of funny that when I sit there and try to think which of those 25 transfers may have had the biggest negative impact on the subsequent season... you could make a case for O'Connell. I mean, we sucked, so that's part of it, but his shooting and frenetic offensive energy was a thing we didn't really have.

I could see a case for Burgess, too. That 2000 team struggled, and he would have played a lot even with Booz in the fold.

As an aside: K had a frustratingly short bench in the JJ years, for sure. But in recent years, I'd bet we're deeper than the average college team. I feel like it's been 9 guys playing every game for the last three seasons, and 9 (or 10) guys finishing with an average of double-figure minutes.

McCaffrey to me might have been the biggest loss. Obviously, 1992 was fine without him, but I think we threepeat with him in 1993. T Hill was a great complementary offensive player when we had Laettner/Hurley/Hill, but he wasn't nearly as effective when he was relied upon as a key scorer. He was scattershot, Chief wasn't there yet and Lang was limited. A senior McCaffrey would have been spectacular.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom