Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

International Hoops Thread

Also - I am not his biggest fan by any means, but it was pretty cool to see Cousins flat-out dominate in the Gold game. He was amazing at both ends.

The Canadian men get a silver in the Pan-Am Games in Toronto after getting smoked by Brazil in the finals. I know this comes with a huge asterisk with the absence of star pro players on Team USA and several pros from other countries skipping out, but we're pretty proud of this in any case. Very nice showing, given that Joseph, Thompson & Wiggins did not participate.

I understand this was mentioned in another thread, but Jamal Murray (who is a kid) was really special in this tournament. I am very excited about his future with Basketball Canada.

Yep - I am such a Canadian basketball homer, I have to love whomever successfully recuits our kids. If Wiggins committed to ol Roy Williams, I'd have 3900 posts on heel-forum.

FIBA Americas championship is coming up at the end of the month. Crucial time for Team Canada

Scola scores 35 points + 10 boards in a 7-point Argentina win over Canada. The Argentine squad is tough, but the Canadians looked flat-out lazy.

Canada beat Venezeula tonight, though Venezula was missing Duke recruit miss Greg Echenique. So put an asterisk next to that.

Amazing. Leo Rautins (Canadian basketball commentator, former National Team Coach) was talking about how other nations have benefited from Coach K's work - specifically how he successfully had star players buy into the national program. This has encouraged star players from other countries to participate in the national programs.

Of course, Coach K/Team USA has returned to the top of the mountain during his amazing tenure. He will not lose in Rio either.

dkst0426 said:
NBA needs to pull stars from USA Basketball, which is showcasing only Duke's coach

So now, after the man was asked by USA Basketball to pull it out of its lowest point, and after 2 Olympic golds and 2 World Championships, what he does when called upon in service of the national team is a bad thing.

Here we are - Friday night is the biggest game for Canadian basketball in recent memory. A win and the men qualify for Rio 2016. Canada has not played in the Olympics since 2000, when a Steve Nash led team lost a heartbreaker to France.

Don't think I believe we'll medal in Rio - no chance of that. However, it is a crucial step towards 2020, where if the current group is still buying in, Canada may have a top 5 program.

Canada loses to Venezuela by a point, no Rio 2016. Venezuela made big shots and it is tough to take away from their victory but objectively Canada gave this away. Numerous sloppy turnovers, missed layups, poor shot selection, it was brutal.

Big-time disappointment.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom