Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jack White

He looks much more aggressive lately.

On a slightly related note, can we PLEASE do away with that bullshit "traveling" call refs love to make every time a player hesitates before a drive? You can take seven extra steps on a fast break but if you so much as give the tiniest shuffle before putting the ball on the floor, they whistle it. It was probably Bilas's idea to enforce that.

Dude wasnt just on fire tonight...he was on bush fire!

62f22acdfd3f7d06bdcf3f3759ccbbe955e5635c1f0839f49022ec3827f8d96c.jpg

Yeah he played one of his best games of his career tonight. If healthy, we win this by 15 but we really shit this one away.

Hard to easily back up with numbers but I do feel like he should be on the court in high-leverage situations. Basically, he just does good shit on both sides of the ball. But you probably always have to pick one of him and Goldwire because you can't really have two low-usage non shot creators on the court at once.

I wish we could see offensive and defensive stats on the Jones-Stanley-White-Hurt-Carey lineup. Are we getting torched by guards there? Rebounding should be solid and shooting good enough? It probably works OK on defense if you have a stronger but slower guy playing the opposing 3 versus a third guard.

He & Goldy (maybe Tre as well) and the consistent "effort guys" on the team.

We need more (Moore).

Hard to easily back up with numbers but I do feel like he should be on the court in high-leverage situations. Basically, he just does good shit on both sides of the ball. But you probably always have to pick one of him and Goldwire because you can't really have two low-usage non shot creators on the court at once.

I wish we could see offensive and defensive stats on the Jones-Stanley-White-Hurt-Carey lineup. Are we getting torched by guards there? Rebounding should be solid and shooting good enough? It probably works OK on defense if you have a stronger but slower guy playing the opposing 3 versus a third guard.

I agree. It's just an eye test thing, but I love Jack White. Last year we all soured on him because he was brick city from 3, and I think eventually that caused him losing confidence in his entire game and negatively impacted on him everywhere too.

He's an energetic player. He comes into the game and is usually good defensively on and off ball. He rebounds very aggressively, and it usually seems like he's always the one getting a key deflection, a key rebound, a key loose ball, a critical tap out to extend a possession. I felt that he was a significant reason we won last night. He gave us a toughness in the final minutes that we needed when it seemed like the team was ready to fold.

This is all just an eye test thing, and maybe my eyes are lying because he's a senior and I want him to do well, but he's also shooting 37% from 3 this year which is really nice considering his role.

It's almost all low volume, but here are his 3pt shooting numbers by game since Boston College:

12/31 BC: 1-2
1/4 Miami: 1-2
1/8 GT: 1-1
1/11 Wake: 2-3
1/14 Clemson: 2-3
1/18 Louisville: 0-3
1/21 Miami: 1-2
1/28 Pitt: 2-3

Obviously this is great (at least to me) considering he plays good defense and rebounds well. He's a GREAT role/glue guy assuming his shooting doesn't crater like it did last year, which I don't expect to happen.

@Topher has been able to get us lineup data in the past. But I'm guessing he no longer has access.

Guess we've found the guy that's going to fall out of the rotation down the stretch. :disappointed:

Hurt and Javin will be the primary post backups now. Writing is on the wall.

His minutes have been getting cut for no reason that I can see. How can you even tell anything about a player's performance in three minutes?

This is not a big deal
I feel like there's a new guy who's been marginalized every two or three games. White was in the end of game lineup as recently as Jan 29 against Pitt.

If this is the February cut to our 10-man rotation -- one guy each game only gets a handful of minutes (or one DNP for Joey) -- I can live with it. I'm pretty grateful to have ten guys averaging 13 minutes or more.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom