Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jaden Schutt

Awesome land. Kid is a stud shooter as someone shared his percents earlier. Scheyer is on🔥 ^^current #1 class and going after the #1 Big next! What’s good Lively?!

From what I've seen this kid is a pure shooter. I can hear Cameron's roar after he hits nothing but net against the Holes.

Kennard was the last white who could stroke it. White, AOC, and Baker to date have been pretenders, maybe this kid is the real Schutt
White and Baker had highlight videos of them driving and dunking much more than standing in the corner and knocking down threes.

Schutt seems more of an athlete than say, JJ or Matt Jones, but probably not even as athletic as Kennard. I honestly think he'll pan out as a shooter.

Baker was definitely known as a shooter, regardless of what his highlight videos chose to showcase. White was not known as a shooter though. AOC was somewhere in between.

And btw, that Schutt video above is at least half drives.

For example, this video is half drives and half shots (same as Schutt). But I remember the talk on the boards being all about his shooting. I'll try to find some scouting reports.

And for the record, not that I think it's everything, but Baker was ranked around 60-70 spots higher depending on which service you look at.

I feel like Baker was Top 25 or 30 in his original class, but then like high 40s or 50s once he reclassed. [Edit: a little higher than I remembered. Overall final RSCI was #37]

I don't think there's much of a point in considering Schutt to be a non-top-100 recruit; shouldn't last long. When ESPN released their new rankings this week, he was #47, and today's TDD write-ups had quotes from Bossi at 247 saying Schutt's in line for a "healthy bump" in their next rankings. Before the season starts, I bet he'll be in that 40-60 Baker range.

Baker was definitely known as a shooter, regardless of what his highlight videos chose to showcase. White was not known as a shooter though. AOC was somewhere in between.

And btw, that Schutt video above is at least half drives.
Yeah, I watched it. I just remember more takes about Baker as an athlete who could shoot. I'm not denying he was viewed as a shooter, I'm just not entirely sure Baker saw himself that way.

I don't think Schutt is expecting to dunk on ACC defenses.

One thing I like is that he gets great elevation on his jumpers. Kind of similar to JJ in that sense, and a good sign as far as translating to the next level.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom